Passenger hand grips.

520fd

550+ Posts
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2010
Davenport, Iowa USA
I'm looking to possibly get a wider passenger hand grip for my wife. Granted, my wife is not a big women, but they call here Moose. Any way, she says the the grips dig into her thighs and it bother's her. I though about heating the stock grips and bending them out a little. I was hoping some company makes a set. Right now I don't have them on the trike. Any ideas or info would help. Thanks Jerry

I had a similar issue way back when ... when I occasionally had a co rider.

I went to a upholstery shop and had them make me two padded covers with velcro to wrap around the hand holds. I also ended up getting some made for the saddle bag protectors.

Jerry, check out the grips on the Harley free wheeler.. Looks like they might work. will need to drill into the fiberglass and uses some fender washer from underneath. Worth checking out

Depends on the shoes my wife wears. The ones with a thicker heal and it doesn't bother her. My son has one of those hand powered hydraulic presses. We wrapped the hand pieces with rags and bent the rails down a little at time. It took a few tries, bending them the same on both sides. Just an option to consider and didn't cost anything, Rev. J.

I'm looking to possibly get a wider passenger hand grip for my wife. Granted, my wife is not a big women, but they call here Moose. Any way, she says the the grips dig into her thighs and it bother's her. I though about heating the stock grips and bending them out a little. I was hoping some company makes a set. Right now I don't have them on the trike. Any ideas or info would help. Thanks Jerry

Jerry, I dunno about heating to bend, that may blue the chrome and make it chip and flake

If you can find some one with a press you may tension and push it out a bit, you may have to over press it as it will have memory and want to spring back JMO

I got those Kuryakyn passenger handles, they are about the same width as the stock handles, the flat part is right against the seat. My wife's complaint was that the stock handles were too small in diameter. She loves these. The rubber grip seems to be holding up fine.

I got those Kuryakyn passenger handles, they are about the same width as the stock handles, the flat part is right against the seat. My wife's complaint was that the stock handles were too small in diameter. She loves these. The rubber grip seems to be holding up fine.

Harley makes a covering for the handle. I had a pair on a bike I used to have. I took them off. So I still have them. Maybe I'll just put them on and see if that makes her feel better about it.

My wife had the same problem but mainly just the right side. I raised the right side passenger foot rest with a Kuryakyn riser. Went up 1" and that solved the problem. The left side is still stock.

I thought it was a little odd that the left side was higher than the right side when both were up as far as they would go with the stock mounts. Now the right side is a little higher than the left but it solved the problem and she's happy.

I was going to remove the hand grips because we have the HD armrests but she likes to use the grips on some twisty roads.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back