Oldbie/newbie known as "geputten"

Oct 4, 2012
Tallahassee
Hi all....

Done lurkin', here for real.

Biker all my life, spent last year building a VW Trike to keep my face in the wind after bilateral knee replacement.....
View attachment 6448
View attachment 6449
Silly, tho, because I've been back on 2 wheels in 6 weeks after the surgery.....
View attachment 6450

Truth of the matter is that the Trike is sweet for two up touring, seeing how my main bike is set up as a solo ride. And it sparked a strong interest in my bride as an alternative to learning how to ride her own bike. I like the additional stability the trike offers and I would feel sooooo much more comfortable for a new rider (bride) in her Not-So-Agile 50's to tour along with me. (Besides, she could pull the trailer....)

So I just picked up an 86 Honda Shadow VT700 that I plan to trike out just for my better half. She's in the process of signing up for the local Motorcycle Safety Course and we'll see how that all goes.... And if I can get my partner riding with me, well, that'd be nice too.

And, another truth of the matter, my damn Trike is FUN. People actually pull us over just to take a picture! THAT never happened on two wheels. (Not easy for a guy like me who'd rather stay anonomous....)

Thanks,
Harry from Tallahassee

What a fun trike you built! No wonder people want pictures of it :).
Welcome to TrikeTalk!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back