Newbie to Three . . . my 4th HD

OrygunVet

1+ Posts
Nov 7, 2023
Silverton, OR, USA
Joined out of respect for the Trike Talk banter that provided some valuable information while surfing Trike questions. Just took delivery of my 4th HD; however, the previous three were Fat Boys. So, I am new to three wheels on the highway. Of course, the Tri Glide came as naked as a newborn and now I am looking for clothing. The Dealer installed Heel/Toe shifter, back bumper, fancy grips, Stage One and Vance and Hines. I have been searching for the best passenger armrests when I found this web site.

Going to head to Dealer to personally check out the stability of the back rest installed vs the OEM frame mount.

Missing the aftermarket pouches I had on the backside of windshields for my keys and phone. I do not like the looks or the fact that the HD three pouches must hinder the air flow under the windshield. So, I am awaiting an order of a couple that slide over the lower fairing "hatch doors".

Just installed the Custom Dynamics lower fairing LED inserts. Really adds to the "Hey I'm here - so don't pull out in front of me" awareness.

I am in Silverton, OR - USA. Been riding two wheels since around 1963.

Joined out of respect for the Trike Talk banter that provided some valuable information while surfing Trike questions. Just took delivery of my 4th HD; however, the previous three were Fat Boys. So, I am new to three wheels on the highway. Of course, the Tri Glide came as naked as a newborn and now I am looking for clothing. The Dealer installed Heel/Toe shifter, back bumper, fancy grips, Stage One and Vance and Hines. I have been searching for the best passenger armrests when I found this web site.

Going to head to Dealer to personally check out the stability of the back rest installed vs the OEM frame mount.

Missing the aftermarket pouches I had on the backside of windshields for my keys and phone. I do not like the looks or the fact that the HD three pouches must hinder the air flow under the windshield. So, I am awaiting an order of a couple that slide over the lower fairing "hatch doors".

Just installed the Custom Dynamics lower fairing LED inserts. Really adds to the "Hey I'm here - so don't pull out in front of me" awareness.

I am in Silverton, OR - USA. Been riding two wheels since around 1963.

Mason......Welcome to Trike-Talk......ThumbUp-ThumbUp...About the windshield pouches at least on my 2019 Triglide the ''Harley Davidson'' pouches Do not block the vent...And you can/should get the push button open and close vent door, After the 2019 Triglides it was eliminated from the vent ...I close mine in cold weather and especially riding in the rain...

I’ve only put about 700 miles on my new to me 21 but I’ve not felt the 3 pouch that I transferred from my 14 have been a hinder. I asked Mrs Notgrownup if she wanted arm rests and she said no. I only have the a Ciro Big Ass cup holder. For now anyway. We put about 15000 miles on the 14 in 2 years and she said she probably wouldn’t want them on.

Reply to all the recommendations

Trying to see how to give a "thank you" shout out to all who commented on my Newbie concerns about the HD three-bag windshield pouches possibly blocking the air through the front fairing vent. General consensus seems to be that the three-bags do not cause a wind restriction problem, however. possibly do limit some front field of vision. I did order the lower fairing hatch door mini-bags and think I will try them for a while. Back-warmer says that the Tour-Pak should solve all my storage problems. :)

Primary need is for cell phone. Learned long ago - the hard way not to carry anything in one's pockets. My phone is too big for the faring pocket that has the USB connector.

Trying to get some mileage accumulated for first 1,000-mile Service in rainy Orygun. With my 26 years of Army service, I do not need any practice to know how miserable it is to be wet and cold.

Thanks to all for your warm Welcome.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back