o -deer

Jun 27, 2011
tenn
Deer-car collisions increase this time of year

check this article re; deer on the road problems,, we all need to contact the proper lawmakers and state wildlife folks to halt this 'another gov proj gone wild'

as you can tell i despise the deer population-- and i am a hunter but
FIRST A RIDER.

when i talked to wildlife folks working for the state they feel its their job to maintain a good population for hunters..... and now they are populating east Tenn and north Carolina with elk....
ive also talked to some Gwrra folks for support and that was a waste of time.

ive had some close calls (in city limits) with deer.
thanks and ride safe.

Well said ,Teal

I too, have had many near misses with dear,especially in the last few years.Yesterday,Tweety and I were at the auto body shop and the owner said that the wrecks are increasing at an alarming rate..I can just imagine what it must be like for folks living in states with much higher dear populations than Tennessee....Tommy TOI-TN.

YOU just have to be extra careful,here in Indiana thet have extended the season plus if I understand it right let you get more does.
If you get on the blue ridge park way you have to be careful of the bears.
You go north east and you have to watch out for bear and moose,you go out west and you have to look out for every thing from elk,buffalo,deer,cattle in the open range areas.
As the U.S.grows in population that means we will be encrosing on the wild life space more and more.
:wave4::wave4::wave4::wave4:

I'm a biker, I live in Tennessee in the country. Deer come into my yard, cross the highway, graze in the pasture and can be found grazing along the interstate. I am often amazed at the way some folks complain and blame overone for this onslought of deer. Could it be that we humans are taking away all their space? I have a 2 1/2 acres area behind my house that is overgrown with pine trees. I am quite frequently answering my door bell with loggers wanting the trees. That is the only refuge these deer have in a very large area near my house. Folks stop and look around, who's to blame? JMO

Just added deer whistles to the trike. had them for years on bike. also good at spotting movement off the road. my theory is, they can't hurt.

This is about 15 miles from where I live. Same county.

Man dies when motorcycle, deer collide

Published: November 4, 2011

SEBRING A man died and a woman was critically injured when the motorcycle they were on struck a deer on Cougar Boulevard south of Ferrari Drive in Sebring Country Estates near Sebring early Friday, according to a media release from the Florida Highway Patrol.

Driver Steve Dennis Laliberte, 40, of Sebring, and passenger Marie Danilelle Arrocho were traveling south on a 2005 Suzuki at 12:47 a.m. when a deer crossed the road from the west side and collided with the motorcycle, according to information from FHP Trooper Edgardo N. Cruz and Cpl. James E. Wilmeth. The impact with the deer's right side threw Laliberte and Arrocho from the motorcycle.

Man dies when motorcycle, deer collide

TNT

having some Cherokee blood i understand the "taking of their domain"
what i only want is even odds, we had that until the gov started the quest for keeping the huge populations of deer.
i can only hope more come across my property or more coyotes get fed.
They have no other predators that is the imbalance.
ride safe.

I hit one on my 2 wheel RSV in Aug of 2010 as I was leaving Red Lodge, Mt. It was dusk, we saw the deer for about 200 yards, I got slowed down to 10 mph and was looking back over my shoulder at it when it decided it was going to cross the road :AGGHH: It ran around in front of me :censored: I hit the brakes again but with us being 2 up and towing a trailer I didn't want to do anything to drastic, we clipped it's hind end sending it spinning off the road. We stayed up but lost some chrome visors ( probably still stuck in the side of the deer) crunched fender, twisted passing lamp mount & lights :mad:

I was past the deer when it ran in front of me! You just never know what they're gonna do!

Get deer alerts, found in almost any auto store. Had them on 4 wheels for years, now have them on all the "trikes". Never had an bad encounter since using them.

I have one of the electronic deer units on my trike. I had one on my jeep years ago and it seemed like the deer I'd pass on the side of the road ran in the opposite direction rather than in front of me. Was that because of the electronic deer alert? I have no idea, but at least taking some precaution is better then none at all.

3 three deer laying beside the motorway this am within a 20 mile stretch-hopefully no one got injured, one was a larger buck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back