First ever deer hunt

Sep 4, 2013
poplar bluff mo
I decided to try deer hunting this year. first time ever. I bought a used Remington 7400 in 308 cal. sunrise was at 0639. by 0740 we were putting the deer in the truck. 6 point buck. check it off the bucket list. one shot/ one kill.
don't know why but I cant get the picture to load on here.

Congrats Tom ThumbUp
Good way to start your Hunting Career.

Drawn a blank so far here.
Per the Cam, the crafty Devils are only passing through between 10 pm and 2 am on my property. Wife did see an 8 pt and three Does amble across the back Field about 200 yrds out while home on lunch last Tuesday.
But, still 6 days including a Weekend left so not a wasted lost cause yet.
Enjoy the warmth while us poor "blankin'" Saps keep freezing out the good fight :D

the fingers were starting to get cold. He just walked up an surrendered. We ate the heart.(cooked of course ) going to make the rest into jerkey

NO NO NO
there are butterfly chops, roasts, meat for fajitas, ground for chili and meatloaf.:pepper:
JERKY if made from LEFTOVERS pieces:laugh:

Glad you had a good hunt, that makes it fun.

not a lot of fun to eat alone. the wife and kids don't really care for the roasts.I have had donations of deer for several years. I can get about 1 good meal of steaks and the rest sits in the freezer until next fall then gets ground up any way and EVERY ONE likes the jerkey. I use L.E.M. seasonings and use ground deer for about 11 hours on the dehydrator. I may sneek some into a batch of chilli
and not tell them
IMG_0001.jpg.finally got it on here.

Nice looking deer there. I'll tell ya another way you can fix it and they'll love it and never know it was deer. My mother, God rest her soul, hated deer meat or so she thought, but she loved the meal I fixed every Christmas.

This is so simple, we do it with beef round steak when we don't have deer available. Take any part of the deer you can cut into about 1" chunks. 2 lbs. is about right. Then open 4 cans of Mushroom Soup, (Campbell's seems to have changed their recipe so we use generic), pour the 4 cans in a Crockpot and about 1/2 can of milk and stir. Prepare the meat by browning it in a skillet. I have been known to buttermilk and flour it before browning, but it's not really necessary.

I've even put the meat into the soup without browning, your choice. Put the meat into the soup and cook on high for about 4 hours, then turn to low for an additional 4 hours or cook on low about 12 hours. When done pour it over rice or mashed potato's and dig in. Hmm good. BTW, this is kind of a deer camp type stew so you can put anything additionally you want into the soup, like onions, carrots, corn, etc. Heck we even put leftover birthday cake in it one year and it wasn't half bad.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back