North Ga Vacation Locations

Apr 20, 2014
Central, Fl
Looking for suggestions on the N Ga. area, Wife and I are looking to get away for about 4 days in Sept she wants to see the leaves changing. We will be there Mon - Wed leaving Thur.
Need some ideas and we will be taking the trike so we expect a little cool weather.
Not looking to spend alot so the Hilton is out :D
Little fall sightseeing, Fresh trout on the grill would be nice. Cabin or Hotel (need coffee pot).
Coming from Central Fl so It will be a 1 day ride up there.

We've stayed at the Econo Lodge in Dahlonega, Ga several times....Always Clean, Continental Breakfast, and fantastic Riding Roads in every direction, including Blood Mountain...Easy "striking range" to Helen, Suches, Elijay, etc. .....Great Area.....ThumbUp

Just a couple of thoughts on your trip to North Georgia. Welcome to some very nice riding areas! There are a bunch of us that live in the area so you have a bunch of local resources available here. You might be a little early to see the leaves changing in September. Usually the peak color is near the end of October. Also early September can be in the 90's around here, but you just can't predict the weather this far out. <br />
<br />
In the northeast corner of Georgia I would recommend the Dillard House for meals and lodging. The have a variety of hotel rooms and small cabins. But be prepared for a nap after eating at the family style restaurant- basically you tell them what you want to drink and the rest is delivered to your table.<br />
<br />
Working your way west another option is Two Wheels of Suches but I am not sure if they are open the first part of the week. Any of the towns in the area have nice places to stay.<br />
<br />
If you like the twisty roads, consider Wolf Pen Gap Road from Suches to the Richard Russell Scenic Highway then on toward Helen.

The Richard Russell has many scenic overlooks. Lots of nice rides. US129 north from Cleveland, Ga is another nice ride, as is GA Hwy 60. <br />
<br />
Have fun!<br />
<br />
Dave

we like to stay in Hiwassee. There is a nice Ramada Inn there oveerlooking the lake (front and back) with rockers on the back deck. From there lots of good riding. Helen is close and I would second the Dillard House sugggestion. Go Hungry you will leave full

I have been told the Dillard has changed owners and is no longer like it used to be. Any information would be appreciated.

I sure hope not. Thats the ONLY place I will get up and ride 2 hours just for breakfast.
I see no mention of that on their web site. In fact it looks the same as it has for some time now.

We were there a month ago and the name was Still the Dillard House and the food was just as good as always and plentiful. A tad pricey the later you go but still good.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back