Newbe here

Apr 13, 2013
Cedar Rapids,Ia
Just had to sell my 2010 SE Street Glide. Too many back surgeries.
Just bought a 2010 Street Glide Trike in Fl. and shipping it to good old Ia. crappy weather.
Anyway Hi guys. about to be a 3 wheeler I guess.

Hi rodn, welcome to Trike Talk, it sounds like there is no doubt your a '3 wheeler' unless you send the truck away. I'm sure you'll have a blast with your new trike, just remember your not on a 2 wheeler anymore or better yet, forget about how to drive a 2 wheeler. Sorry to hear about the back problems, I have some back problems also, but I've been running from back surgeons for more than 40 years, just too scared. :D :wave4:

Welcome, Rod! Once you get used to the new style of steering, you are going to love the trike!

The Triglide/Streetglide trikes come from HD with a small rake on the front end -- something like 3º. Most Triglide riders are fine with that amount, but your back is the reason you are moving to a trike. If you find that your back and shoulders are bothered by the steering, you should contact Bazooka here about increasing that rake. Most of us who have built a trike put a 4-1/2º or 6º rake, which gives the sense you have power steering. Zook offers the rake kits to members at a significant discount, if you decide you need to get one.

Welcome :wave4:

I made the move to three wheels last year. I'm riding more than ever.

Adjusting to three wheels is easy for some, and a challenge for others. Take your time, get the feel of the machine, watch the clearance on the wider rear end and embrace centrifugal force!

Welcome Rodn to Trike Talk from S/W Ga. 3 wheels is the way to go when we have physical limitations. It keeps you happy and in the wind.

Welcome to TT - glad you found us. Good that you can keep those "knees in the breeze" by switching to "3". Take your time, keep those feet up and be careful of the extra width when pulling into the gas pumps (or similar). Have fun, post often, ride safe! :wave4:

Just bought a 2010 Street Glide Trike in Fl. and shipping it to good old Ia. crappy weather.

Regardless of how you ended up on three, you will enjoy it and never look back.

Your best mod to it will be adding allot of miles! ThumbUp
Dennis

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new trike. Great bunch of folks on here. Enjoy your trike. Ride free.ThumbUp

Glad you found us. I've rode since the eary 70's & never had the problem of getting use to switching over like some do. It's just common sense not to lean to steer. The best thing about a trike is you don't have to worry about dumping it in gravel,sand,inclines or declines. You can do u-turns on a dime & the wind doesn't push the trike around.Plus you don't have to put your feet down anymore in stop & go traffic. It Takes alot of pressure to turn into corners a speeds,so beware.

Welcome from Arizona! I have some of the same issues which lead me to a TG. Been on mine since August 2012 and love being back in the wind. I agree with others, be aware of the width of the back and the handling is different. Enjoy!!!

Rear fenders take a little gettin use to backed mine into the garage door first week. Figured while it was inthe body shop might as well do some ghost flames. Looks great

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back