New Year, New Trike

Happy for ya Jerry. Jealous though !!!! I bought the same color,but, not supposed to be in till Feb/Mar. If it comes in time, we willl be riding down to the Tx,Hill Country Gathering in April. You 2 ought to ride down with us. Great folks at that gathering , we have gone the last 3 yrs when it was in Sept. Moved to April this year for the wild flower season.

Happy for ya Jerry. Jealous though !!!! I bought the same color,but, not supposed to be in till Feb/Mar. If it comes in time, we willl be riding down to the Tx,Hill Country Gathering in April. You 2 ought to ride down with us. Great folks at that gathering , we have gone the last 3 yrs when it was in Sept. Moved to April this year for the wild flower season.

I am looking forward to seeing your new trike, but not as much as seeing you and Janiene. :clapping:

Planning to be there Bill. And yes I saw that you had closed a deal on the same trike. You won't be disappointed. It is very sweet.

I'd been considering trading my 2018 TG for a new 2020 model for a few months. I tend to keep my vehicles for a long while but several friends trade every two to three years before they accumulate too many miles to make their rides less appealing for a trade in. With a bit over 29k on my two year old TG the mileage is considered high, lol.

Anyway after researching and talking to several dealers I couldn't find anyone willing to make a deal I thought was acceptable. But with the end of the month and end of the year fast approaching on December 24th I reached out to one dealer who had seemed more eager to trade than the others. We got back together on the 27th and worked out the details.

So on New Year's Eve, December 31st, I rode up to the dealership dropped off my 2018 and took delivery of my new 2020 Tri-Glide in Tahitian Teal. Wow this is a gorgeous ride. My wife and I are going to really enjoy riding this new TG.

Happy New Year . . . and may 2020 bring miles and miles of smiles to all my friends here on Trike Talk. :)

Nice!

So I spent most all day working on my new TG making it mine adding some safety items, some bling but most of all some creature comfort items. I mean for real I don't know how anyone can ride a bone stock (and I'm not referring to performance items) TG or two wheeler for that matter. The things I added came from my 2018 TG and oh yeah some of them came from previous two wheelers, lol.

Mustang heated seat and H-D rider backrest . . . I wish I'd gotten the Mustang backrest. Oh well.

Tour-pak relocation bracket so the Queen is comfortable . . . and oh yeah the Kury filler pad to cover that exposed real estate!

Custom Dynamics Pro Ringz turn signals so I can be seen.

Kury lower fairing storage pockets . . . can't live without those!

Extension kit for mirrors . . . gotta see whatsa behind me.

Extended shift levers . . . like the real estate on the footboard and hate having to lift my foot to downshift!

Tech Mount for m iPhone on the front brake lever perch.

H-D shift linkage cover. That stock little round bar in fugly imo. Harley says the cover won't fit but with a Dremel tool and a little ingenuity it does!

Wiring for Gerbing heated gear for my co-rider and me in case it gets cole. Brrrrrrr.

Tour-pak fitted lid liner with storage pockets - love this thing and can't live without it, lol

Installed m Ciro drink holder which fits between the speaker pod and the tour-pak but afterwards the tour-pak lid would not close. WTF it worked fine on my 2018 TG. No idea what's different if anything but that's an investigation for another day.

Yet to do:

DK ProAction 14" shocks with Comfort Lift, oh yeah.

CB radio

Garmin Road Tech Zumo 590 handlebar mount and wiring

DK cooling wing deflectors

Highway pegs

Rider footboard extension kit

Kury extended rear brake lever - this one is a bitch to install

So it's beginning to come along to resemble something I can ride an enjoy. Plus it just looks soooooo good!

Soooo, it was pretty cool when I got up this morning - 33 degrees. But by the time we had a bite of lunch it had warmed to a balmy 57 degrees so time to take the Queen out for a little shake down ride. It was way, way windy so we had to fiddle with the Vox setting on the intercom. I know, I know many folks don't need no stinkin' intercom but we enjoy the ability to converse.

And I sure don't have the hang of setting these new style shocks, lol. But I don't think I'll fiddle it that too much as I have DK's 14" Pro Action shocks I took off my 2018. After my knee surgery when I've healed enough those will be going on the new ride for sure.

But in spite of a bit of learning curve it was very pleasant and we enjoyed our first ride together on the new TG.

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 146
Mary and I got to see this ride last night. The paint is awesome, the photos do NOT do it justice.

Thanks!

Kevin

When we decided a new Tri was in our future, we searched around & found the Dealer in Ft Wayne,In had one on the floor. Next day we drove over (only 125 miles) to see it in person. WOW. Called our dealer & we knew he had one coming . One guy already had 1st dibbs on it But not committed to buy,(wanted to see first) told the dealer we would come tomorrow & buy it. So,he checked in with 1st guy & was told he was not able to commit ,so it was ours. Now the wait is just dragging by..:Shrug::Shrug: ( this is the last one,right?? ) lololololol

When we decided a new Tri was in our future, we searched around & found the Dealer in Ft Wayne,In had one on the floor. Next day we drove over (only 125 miles) to see it in person. WOW. Called our dealer & we knew he had one coming . One guy already had 1st dibbs on it But not committed to buy,(wanted to see first) told the dealer we would come tomorrow & buy it. So,he checked in with 1st guy & was told he was not able to commit ,so it was ours. Now the wait is just dragging by..:Shrug::Shrug: ( this is the last one,right?? ) lololololol

Bill, some things sometimes are just meant to be. The way this went it sure appears that way. Be patient my friend. It WILL be worth the wait. :):)

Bill, some things sometimes are just meant to be. The way this went it sure appears that way. Be patient my friend. It WILL be worth the wait. :):)

GOOD NEWS Jerry !!! Just off the phone with my dealer. Trike is on the way. My dealer called HD & told them trike was sold & we should not have to wait till March. :clapping::clapping: They now expect it next week. when it shows up, I will take the 16 over so they can swap all the wheels , front rotors, install the paint protector, & switch handlebars, garage door opener. When it comes home, I have the Dynamic rings, bumper, luggage rack,rider pegs,floorboard spacers, luggage organizer on trunk lid, and the new Reaper Windshield by LRS.( Xmas gift from one of the boys) Janiene had told him I wanted one. Gonna try the new suspension first. If we don't like it 14" ProAction in the future. Hopefully can sell the 13" Pro with Lift kit. Keep up the PT so your ready for Tx. Cya in April[h=1][/h]

GOOD NEWS Jerry !!! Just off the phone with my dealer. Trike is on the way. My dealer called HD & told them trike was sold & we should not have to wait till March. :clapping::clapping: They now expect it next week. when it shows up, I will take the 16 over so they can swap all the wheels , front rotors, install the paint protector, & switch handlebars, garage door opener. When it comes home, I have the Dynamic rings, bumper, luggage rack,rider pegs,floorboard spacers, luggage organizer on trunk lid, and the new Reaper Windshield by LRS.( Xmas gift from one of the boys) Janiene had told him I wanted one. Gonna try the new suspension first. If we don't like it 14" ProAction in the future. Hopefully can sell the 13" Pro with Lift kit. Keep up the PT so your ready for Tx. Cya in April

Fantastic news.

GOOD NEWS Jerry !!! Just off the phone with my dealer. Trike is on the way. My dealer called HD & told them trike was sold & we should not have to wait till March. :clapping::clapping: They now expect it next week. when it shows up, I will take the 16 over so they can swap all the wheels , front rotors, install the paint protector, & switch handlebars, garage door opener. When it comes home, I have the Dynamic rings, bumper, luggage rack,rider pegs,floorboard spacers, luggage organizer on trunk lid, and the new Reaper Windshield by LRS.( Xmas gift from one of the boys) Janiene had told him I wanted one. Gonna try the new suspension first. If we don't like it 14" ProAction in the future. Hopefully can sell the 13" Pro with Lift kit. Keep up the PT so your ready for Tx. Cya in April

Wonderful!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back