new trike pulling to right

Aug 8, 2012
Dora Al
a new member just purchased my first trike ever,COMES WITH AGE I GUESS,but my problem is pulling right.the trike has a springer with a 21 on front 18s on back .if anyone can maybe give me ideas it would be great

check toe in on rear wheels, should be straight toe in. check centerline measurement from center of front (steering neck) to each rear wheel, should measure the same. I have noticed in some areas the road crown is more extreme than others and as this is sloped to the right the tike will have a tendency to pull to the right.

thanks marty trike does better if riding to the left of crown but not very safe with oncoming traffic. will have checked but not only first trike but first vw wish me luck dont wont to go back my bike.

thanks called a friend that aligns my big trucks and dump trailers and he said same thing plus maybe a brake on right side pulling and again thanks

first thing i would do, make sure rear tire pressure is the same then take a ride on the other side of the crown.... hopefully w no traffic comming and see if it pulls the other way...

I would check rear suspension to be sure both sides are the same height from level concrete, also hold a level to the side of the front wheel when bars are straight to make sure wheel is vertical. My latest trike has air ride & 10 lbs difference from side to side will make it pull to the lower pressure side. Same concept as a 2 wheeler, lean it & it turns. Just my 2 cents worth, Cheers, Cave

sorry guys for not getting back sooner .i ended up lowering tire pressure on left side tightning front bearings still has a little but mainly road crown.got to sell my 2 wheeler to nice to set and collect dust mites,love this trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back