New trike engine question

DeezL

5+ Posts
Mar 3, 2024
Northeast
Hello, I’m a new Harley owner. Purchased a 2023 tri glide, I took the bike out for the second ride put 60 miles on it. Stopped for something to eat and noticed orange liquid coming from the engine. Total mileage on the bike is 116. Does anyone have a theory on what may have happened.

Hello, I’m a new Harley owner. Purchased a 2023 tri glide, I took the bike out for the second ride put 60 miles on it. Stopped for something to eat and noticed orange liquid coming from the engine. Total mileage on the bike is 116. Does anyone have a theory on what may have happened.

Your bike is twin-cam-coiled. So, you have a radiator. It might be that there is a hose lose or there was too much coolant in the radiator (we sometimes refer to that as burping)

Given the bike is new, I would stop by the dealer and have them take a look. Explain what happened.

Enjoy your new trike.

Your bike is twin-cam-coiled. So, you have a radiator. It might be that there is a hose lose or there was too much coolant in the radiator (we sometimes refer to that as burping)

Given the bike is new, I would stop by the dealer and have them take a look. Explain what happened.

Enjoy your new trike.

Thank you for responding, yes I called them right away, I thought it may be just that (over flow) but since I’m still under 500 miles I need to be sure. No lights came on so wasn’t to worried but gotta check.

Thank you for responding, yes I called them right away, I thought it may be just that (over flow) but since I’m still under 500 miles I need to be sure. No lights came on so wasn’t to worried but gotta check.

I agree 100%. I have a 2021. After being on the highway for some time, I pulled into my dealership.

The spot was a bit uphill. When I came back out, I saw some fluid under the bike. Took it right in and they checked it out - all hoses were ok, just a little burp from parking uphill. There is actually a little hole that allows some to come out.

Welcome to Trike-Talk.......ThumbUp.....

.Your radiator cap might not have been tighten all the way down on the second detent... It takes a little more muscle to completely press down on the cap to seal it than seems necessary ....

It's a New Harley, You're bound to have problems, Its probably was not assembled correctly in Indonesia. That's why there's a dealer every 10 miles.

Well I took my bike in to find out why it leaked. I was told loose fitting. I’ll pick it up on Tuesday, was today but weather didn’t hold up snow and wind.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back