New chromed wheels are here

May 19, 2010
McDonald, TN. USA
My new wheels came today. I am very pleased, they are so nice. We ended up ordering from Surf City Chrome in CA. We talked with WillyShiny and had everything confirmed, we thought, was waiting on him to get his next set in, never heard anything, called him, had to refresh him as to who we are. Hung up with the impression the next set would be in in a few days and he would call us. Havn't heard a word from him..After a few days, did some searches and found Mike at SurfCity Chrome. He actually does his own chroming. He said WillyShiny was a broker. Mike said he has done wheels for him several times. We came out a little cheaper, have my new wheels and the old wheels are on their way to CA. Still no word from WillyShiny!:censored:

TNT,

Please post some honest feedback on the quality of the chrome as I am considering the same vendor. Of course, we need some pics of the installed wheels!

What are you going to do for front brake rotors?

TNT,

Please post some honest feedback on the quality of the chrome as I am considering the same vendor. Of course, we need some pics of the installed wheels!

What are you going to do for front brake rotors?

Will do.... Ron will put them on tomorrow. He is a perfectionist..so if something is not right, he doesn't hesitate to let it be known. The front brake rotors are already chromed. That was part of the chrome package on the trike when we bought it. We are getting chrome valve stems from a tire store here that sells chrome stuff! It might ease your mind if you call them, Mike is the guys name and just talk with him. But will be sure to post feedback.

Just to give everyone an idea on the new chrome wheels. Ron said from the best he could tell, Surf City Chrome did a very nice job. He has the back tires on now. He went to the dealership to get the front tire mounted. He still has to put the center covers on. The chrome is very beautiful and I'm thinking I will get the spinners ordered so he can put those on and maybe we can say, the tires/wheels are finished! I will get a pic as soon as the trike is back on the ground! LOL

Those people in Ohio check out chrome at bikes2NV in Columbus Ohio great people to work with. If you can go there for a exchange they will mount and balance your tires. I have a 5 year warrenty on mine or you could purchase a lifetime.

Just to give everyone an idea on the new chrome wheels. Ron said from the best he could tell, Surf City Chrome did a very nice job. He has the back tires on now. He went to the dealership to get the front tire mounted. He still has to put the center covers on. The chrome is very beautiful and I'm thinking I will get the spinners ordered so he can put those on and maybe we can say, the tires/wheels are finished! I will get a pic as soon as the trike is back on the ground! LOL

Looks REALLY SWEET. Now all you have to do is keep them shiny or is that Ron's job??:D

Those people in Ohio check out chrome at bikes2NV in Columbus Ohio great people to work with. If you can go there for a exchange they will mount and balance your tires. I have a 5 year warrenty on mine or you could purchase a lifetime.

I've heard Chrome Masters in Nashville TN is top notch, a friend sent some stuff out to them and it looked pretty dang good.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back