New auxiliary tank system

This week I started my auxiliary tankl system. Sunday I pulled the running boards and body to get access to the frame. From there I built the tank & gathered up the needed components; wiring, hoses, electrical, etc.
Yesterday I finished it up. Attached are some of the pics I took after completion. The system I use is a completely seperate system from the main bikes system. Each has its own fuel filter and fuel pump. It's controled by a relay and fuel shutoff solenoid. Either one can be used much like dual tank systems on trucks.
Next project before reinstalling the body work is build a hitch assembly.
Larry
I like this idea !! Any thoughts on producing any more of these ???

I also cut a hole in the fender for a filler on my homemade GL1200A MotorTrike bodied trike. Easy fill, I only have 2 gal. at present want to increase to 5 gal. in near future. Like others have a electric fuel pump to transfer fuel to main tank. Have had this set-up since 07 and only one time had "expansion issue". Have not had since.

I have a TourTank and had to mod the filler location a little for the fender fill position that I needed. But works fine.

2TZ

Larry's setup does not pump into the main tank, he uses a SPDT relay to switch voltage from one fuel pump to the other, and a solenoid to block off the main tank to the carbs when the aux is in use. The aux system has a separate fuel filter as well. That way something can happen with one fuel system and you can still use the other one! For us RSV owners, it almost doubles our range...

Did I ever tell you how much I love Larry's AUX tank :Shrug:
bongobobny is correct add that safety factor of duel pumps one goes out
your still riding :Coffee: this system really rocks.

Then add the REVERSE from Hannigan and your in love all over again :p

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back