Need Your Help

Nov 4, 2012
Pontoon Beach, IL
I'm trying to get information about the feasibility of purchasing a Little Guy Rascal and pulling it with my 2011 Triglide. The Rascal weights 490 lbs and has a 50 lb tongue weight. I would be traveling one up and weigh 210 lbs. I would be leaving from near St. Louis and want to make a 30 day trip to the West Coast while visiting many of the National parks along the way.I would like to take the Nothern route out and Southern route back or vice versa depending on when I could leave. I know that many of the tent camper pull behinds weigh less but I really like the idea of a hard shell and limited set up time.
I have also posted this on the HD Forum and it seems that most there think that it might be to heavy. I would really like to hear from someone that has experience pulling this or a similar Teardrop Camper,
I'm soon to be 70 and really like the thought of staying in many of the parks rather than a Motel. My time is most likely getting short to make this long trip and I might be forced to do the Motel thing. Thanks for any input.

Tow this teardrop around the uk,weight is around 220kg...Trike handles it fine even when its windy.Just got to remember its on back if you want quick stoppies.

maidenrun002.jpg

Thanks all for the input.
TrikerAl you are the only one that replied that is pulling a Teardrop. It seems that it is about the same size. How does your Trike do pulling it up grades. The other Forum members are saying that out west in the US in the mountains and headwinds that I might have some difficulty.
I also wonder if your Wing might handle it better than my Triglide? Any thoughts?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back