Need help with getting my tag!

I have to say I am sorry to everyone. Have had a run of bad luck and havent been able to get back here. I havent even been able to work on the wifes baby. Yeah she is getting short with me! She says she gave me a year to have her riding and my time is running out! " Quickly" she says..... Anyhow I am back and I can not tell yall how much I appreciate the input. I aint worried about a title. Just tag, insurance. just enough to be able to go past a road block. Redneckray said something about a bike front end. I have grafted a V-max front end on it and I have the rest of the bike and the title! Is that enough?

Trying to figure out how to upload some pictures so this project can be seen! Figured it out.... this is where I cut off the messed up springer front end and started fabbing up the V-Max refit

not a good picture, but looks better from far away.....far far away

thumb_0e68a4e12e35bbf39f63ea25.jpg

sorry I dont know how to make it bigger

Mine is a styers? body and frame,,, Used to have the long nose cone headlight housing. Now the wife is talking about not wanting to use the rest of the body. gonna get out in the shop some today after I fix some horse fence. I will take a few more pictures. maybe some better detail.

Can not for the life of me figure out how to get my pictures in the correct folders.... Silk purse out of a sows ear no problem.... Figure out how to get this dadburn desktop to do what I want.......

Hey Windblown. The trike is looking great! You'd better figure out a way to get your wife a seat as comfy as yours though..... LOL!

Nana the front seat is hers! She says I got to ride in the back! It's a labor of love for my Love!This one is hers! The next one will will be mine! You know.... Ladies first!

Got a bit more to do before paint! Thinking about getting real creative with lexan and chrome! got access to both at the moment! got alot of welding to do! But I sure do thank you(and Nana!) for the pat on the back. It helps me alot!

I am afraid I dont know a Richard Smith.. I have been holed up n the swamp here since early child hood! Been on two wheels most of my life, now getting very excited by three! I think the wife maybe nervous!

Resurrecting an old thread.....

I just made a deal today for a VW trike project and will pick it up tomorrow. It has no title or paperwork of any kind. Lousiana is a title state and a pain int he butt at the DMV. My question is..... Are VW trikes titled as motorcycles or VW's, or trikes, or what? I guess if they are titled as motorcycles I can always buy a junker bike with clear paperwork and use the front end setup and vin on mine if I can't get it legal any other way?

I've attached the pics from the craigslist ad. It's a definate project but my wife and I have wanted one of these for a while now. Thanks in advance.
Doug

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back