Narrower Rider Backrest Options When Two Up

hydraglide

150+ Posts
Dec 5, 2021
Woodridge,Il USA
Thought I'd toss this at the group... When riding solo I absolutely enjoy riding with my Harley quick disconnect back rest (21' Tri-Glide, I ride with a Air Zeppelin seat and Butt Buffer sheepskin).

However, when two-up, the Harley backrest (seems to be all of them) are wide (great for me) but causes my wife to have to sit a bit awkwardly to "get around" the backrest (not so great for her).

Riding sans backrest is an option, but for long distances I'd like to utilize the backrest (particularly using the highway pegs).

Anybody use/discover an aftermarket backrest that is less wide AND can utilize the stock Harley quick disconnect mounting option?

It ain't worth going custom to fabricate, IMO... I've considered DK's passenger floorboard extensions to help too. Not a priority, but I'd thought I'd ask to see if anybody has been down this road and come up with a solution.

Can't help you on a narrow backrest, you can get a tourpak reloacter to move it back which in turn gives her more room, just a thought, if it is because she has trouble getting off of trike most of them push forward to allow the passenger to get off.

All for now Trampas

Can't help you on a narrow backrest, you can get a tourpak reloacter to move it back which in turn gives her more room, just a thought, if it is because she has trouble getting off of trike most of them push forward to allow the passenger to get off.

All for now Trampas

Good idea, Trampas! Thanks…

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back