My Son in Durango Had to Lay his Dyna Down¡¡

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
My middle son (2015 Custom Dyna) was leaving his Ranch outside Durango at 6 am last week, trying to prepare for his 4 Corners Rally, when he had a run in with a Mule deer. Not much choice, hit it or lay it down. Major cosmetic damage, broken bars, tore up the custom made fairing and pretty much everything that would touch while sliding. His custom paint/builder friend was in Durango for the rally and is taking it back to CA to his shop.

His head, legs, hips and arms were ok, but when he tried to get up, he realized something was not right.

He called his ranch foreman & he came and got his bike and rode it back home.

He went on to Durango HD, made some calls & got things going & decided to go to the hospital there. The major issue was a broken left collar bone that was pressing on the top of his shoulder and close to a compound break. He has the screw & rods/pins surgery scheduled for next week.

Yes, he's a workaholic and loves what he does.

Positive thoughts would be appreciated & thanks. I would be on the next plane, but I'm in the middle of several medical tests/ appointments, as well as dental repairs.

The next 3 weeks, I have 5 appointments scheduled, but am getting much better.

Thoughts and prayers for your son. Glad it wasn't worse! Deer are so unpredictable. Had a very minor incident with a deer last year and it scared the heck out of me.

Sunman

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Thanks again to all. I just talked to him again and he needed some family medical history, as the anesthesiologist had some questions.

I told him I've been under 6 times in the last year with no side effects. ��

Apparently he has some screws, rods & a small plate in his future. The Orthopedic surgeon says it's a rather routine surgery and usually has a positive outcome & recovery.

Dang Michael, sorry to hear about your son, wishing him the best possible outcome and sending some karma your way too.

• Thanks
Sorry to hear all of this.

Its bad enough when a friend goes down for any reason.

BUT ! When it's family its tough.

Glad to hear he's out of surgery and going to be OK.

Bike's can be replaced & repaired !

I DO understand what he was facing at the time.

I worked over nights and deer were always around at night.

When I worked dayshift a good friend came in a little late.

I was going to tease him why he was late.

He came over the railroad track an a horse ran into his car and up an over the windshield.

He was a little bruised up cause he went into the ditch just a 8th of a mile from work.

Left his car there and walked into work.

I took him home after work and saw his car wow the whole front end an roof were damaged.

He totaled it and got a different work car.

We started work at 5 am an its on the border of some country an small city.

When I rode to work was EYES OPEN all the way in.

Sure glad he's OK.

You also :).......Rick

• Thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back