My $0.02 review

Feb 8, 2008
Cedar City, Utah
Like many here I 'dithered' about whether or not to buy one of these. Pretty spendy for something that I have only read about.
Finally convinced that with a 6 degree rake it was a good idea, I pulled the trigger and got one. Packaging was great. Shipping was almost same day. Installation was a snap.
First thing I noticed was the front end seemed 'tighter'. Less felt flex even in a straight line. My trike is a Lehman Monarch II with a straight axle. When in the 'twisties' it seemed loose. Not fully stuck to the road. With the Super Brace all of that was gone. Even my wife mentioned how better and more stable the bike felt. pretty impressive because I didn't even tell her I put it on!
So, for what it is worth. I would buy another one. I feel the money was well spent. I like the improved handling and sense of stability.
Chet

Like many here I 'dithered' about whether or not to buy one of these. Pretty spendy for something that I have only read about.
Finally convinced that with a 6 degree rake it was a good idea, I pulled the trigger and got one. Packaging was great. Shipping was almost same day. Installation was a snap.
First thing I noticed was the front end seemed 'tighter'. Less felt flex even in a straight line. My trike is a Lehman Monarch II with a straight axle. When in the 'twisties' it seemed loose. Not fully stuck to the road. With the Super Brace all of that was gone. Even my wife mentioned how better and more stable the bike felt. pretty impressive because I didn't even tell her I put it on!
So, for what it is worth. I would buy another one. I feel the money was well spent. I like the improved handling and sense of stability.
Chet

Chet, thanks for the review, great to hear of success stories like this. I have a 2006 Triumph Bonneville and I have had a SuperBrace on for a few years, kind of gotten used to it. I took it off for a week or so while I was having my fork seals replaced and I really noticed a difference on the freeway. My bike was far less prone to speed wobbles and when they did kick in, they were reduced by, I'd say, 70%.

Of course it makes a much bigger difference on a heavier bike like the GL's/Trikes, and it's virtually a mandatory item on the GL 1500's.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!
SB

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back