Movies / TV General Discussion

Going back in time a while, but one of my all time favorite movies is "The Sting".

An excellent movie....man they sure don't make them like that anymore. That was directed by George Roy Hill whom had also directed Newman and Redford in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. :clapping: another one of my favourite movies..., did y'a know that the Sting's story was inspired by real-life cons? They were perpetrated by brothers Fred and Charley Gondorff and documented in the book The Big Con: The Story of the Confidence Man. Thanks for the trip down memory lane ThumbUp

National Popcorn Day 2017

popcorn-pic-1024x681.jpg.cf.jpg

Light and jam-packed with flavor, popcorn has been a popular snack-time favorite for centuries. Although commonly associated with movie theaters and sports stadiums, more than 70 percent of popcorn is consumed in the home, and the United States leads the world in annual popcorn production and consumption. Only one type of corn—popcorn—has that distinctive ability to pop, and the popping occurs when the kernel is heated to a temperature of nearly 350 degrees. The high temperature affects the starch and moisture inside the kernel, increasing the internal pressure until the hull of the kernel bursts open and voila! Popcorn!

Popcorn by the numbers:

2: the number of popcorn shapes, known as mushroom and snowflake

31: the number of calories per cup of air-popped popcorn

55: the number of calories per cup of oil-popped popcorn

5,000: the weight (in pounds) of the world’s largest popcorn ball

352,028,160: the minimum number of popped kernels needed to make a trail of popcorn from New York City to Los Angeles.

995,774,706: the number of pounds of un-popped popcorn sold in 2012.

Popcorn Timeline:

1519 – Explorer Hernán Cortés is introduced to popcorn while exploring Mexico.

1893 – At the World’s Columbian Exposition, Charles Cretors introduces the world’s first mobile popcorn machine.

1914 – The American Pop Corn Company, maker of Jolly Time popcorn, is founded.

1930s – Depression-era families turn to popcorn as a budget-friendly treat.

1944 – Orville Redenbacher begins growing popcorn.

1945 – Percy Spencer and the Raytheon Manufacturing Company file a patent for the microwave cooking process.

1945 – Movie theater consumptions accounts for more than half of all popcorn eaten in the United States.

1959 – Frederick C. Mennen begins marketing Jiffy Pop in a convenient aluminum foil stove-top cooking pan.

1978 – The hot-air popcorn popper is invented and allows consumers to prepare low-calorie, low-fat popcorn at home.

1983 – Microwave popcorn bags become widely available and produce $53 million in retail sales.

2003 – Jolly Time produces its 1 billionth bag of microwave popcorn.

Americans annually consume over 16 billion quarts of popcorn.

Grab a bag and enjoy some with your tv or movie tonight! :clapping:

Underworld Blood Wars

So many of you may or may not know that my beautiful wife loves scary or horror movies. I'm just not a big fan although I do like some scary science fiction movies. So today when she announced that she wanted to see the new Underworld movie I wasn't surprised. I'm not one to pass up on seeing Kate Beckinsale running around in a black bodysuit shooting and kicking some werewolf butt.
So all I can say is save the money and rent it when it comes out on dvd. It was okay and the action scenes were good. Just doesn't deliver like the ones prior. Kate does look great and can still handle herself.:clapping: Underworld-Blood-Wars-poster-3.jpg.cf.jpg

The Curse of Oak Island

Torn between wishing they would find something significant vs. if they did the series would probably come to an end.
Getting kind-of old watching maybe 10 minutes of show and 50 minutes of commercials...plus they do so much "backtracking" to keep the viewer reminded of from whence it has evolved thus far...
Yeah, yeah, yeah....that's how History Channel is paying for airing it.

Anybody on TrikeTalk from that area or have current friends/relatives living there?

The Curse of Oak Island

Torn between wishing they would find something significant vs. if they did the series would probably come to an end.
Getting kind-of old watching maybe 10 minutes of show and 50 minutes of commercials...plus they do so much "backtracking" to keep the viewer reminded of from whence it has evolved thus far...
Yeah, yeah, yeah....that's how History Channel is paying for airing it.

Anybody on TrikeTalk from that area or have current friends/relatives living there?

I'm not completely sure on what it is that they are looking for?. ..maybe you can shed some light on it Carla since I'm trying to get my head around it.
:confused:

Oh...and I'm with y'all on those commercials..that's why I dvr it :)

They are looking for treasure.
Speculation has it that the Knights Templar may have hidden the Ark of the Covenant here and/or a pirate made it his stash place.
Digging has been going on for I think over 100 years now. There has been found evidence of a complicated, booby-trapped underground tunnel system which many speculate that possibly lots of gold treasure was buried there through the centuries. They found various etchings in rocks but don't know what they signify. They have found a few gold coins and a piece of gold chain. This place has been so dug up that they compromised the tunnels system and caused them to become flooded (thus booby-trapped) and now are having a hard time with fighting the constant, incoming water.
The current "diggers" are spending millions of dollars in using some sophisticated equipment. They have also done a lot of in-depth historical research which has been interesting to hear even if they don't come up with anything.

Six people have died through the years trying to find the treasure. It is said 7 total will have to die before the treasure can be found.

Speculation has it that the Knights Templar may have hidden the Ark of the Covenant here and/or a pirate made it his stash place.
Digging has been going on for I think over 100 years now. There has been found evidence of a complicated, booby-trapped underground tunnel system which many speculate that possibly lots of gold treasure was buried there through the centuries. They found various etchings in rocks but don't know what they signify. They have found a few gold coins and a piece of gold chain. This place has been so dug up that they compromised the tunnels system and caused them to become flooded (thus booby-trapped) and now are having a hard time with fighting the constant, incoming water.
The current "diggers" are spending millions of dollars in using some sophisticated equipment. They have also done a lot of in-depth historical research which has been interesting to hear even if they don't come up with anything.

Six people have died through the years trying to find the treasure. It is said 7 total will have to die before the treasure can be found.

Wow...thanks for the run down. Kaden watches it and I do with him sometimes. He doesn't have the patience to explain to dad what it happening. Millions of dollars spent would possibly explain the 50 minutes of commercials :laugh: maybe they will find it before the 7th victim. :cxtv: appreciate your time and posts on the thread.

I find treasure hunts captivating and why I'm a member of a treasure hunters forum. It's something similar to a gambling addiction without spending my own money, :laugh:. I record shows like Oak Island so I can zip through all the repeated nonessential information and commercials. There are many different theories concerning Oak Island.

The Curse of Oak Island has struck and claimed the 7th Victim – but note, this information has been hidden, ignored and untold for a year! NOTE: this article has even more additional information over and above the recorded interviews.

http://The Curse of Oak Island has ...ation over and above the recorded interviews.

I find treasure hunts captivating and why I'm a member of a treasure hunters forum. It's something similar to a gambling addiction without spending my own money, :laugh:. I record shows like Oak Island so I can zip through all the repeated nonessential information and commercials. There are many different theories concerning Oak Island.

The Curse of Oak Island has struck and claimed the 7th Victim – but note, this information has been hidden, ignored and untold for a year! NOTE: this article has even more additional information over and above the recorded interviews.

http://The Curse of Oak Island has ...ation over and above the recorded interviews.

Even if they don't find an absolute treasure I have appreciated the historical research they have presented on the show.

Could not get the link to work..doggonit!

Hey Terry, like Carla stated we might need help with the link... Interesting stuff I'm sure, now you have our attention on the hidden content :)

On a side note I've caught the episode where they are discussing the possibility of an Aztec treasure Lol...the plot thickens :D

Did a google and found an article that indeed told of the 7th death, his name, and that it has NOT been publicly acknowledged by History Channel .... veddy interestinc my dear Watson......

Did a google and found an article that indeed told of the 7th death, his name, and that it has NOT been publicly acknowledged by History Channel .... veddy interestinc my dear Watson......

Lol...can't imagine how difficult life was before the internet. :help:
So...do I need to catch up on the episode's or is it safe to Google freely :laugh:

Even if they don't find an absolute treasure I have appreciated the historical research they have presented on the show.

Could not get the link to work..doggonit!

Some fishy stuff happening I suppose. The link I provided was removed. Possibly they are still trying to protect the show. :Shrug:

Curse of Oak Island has claimed its 7th Victim, but neither the History Channel nor the Producers have made this public. Matt Chisholm - a Producer with Curse Of Oak Island died under creepy and mysterious circumstances while working to bring to light a possible Ancient and Masonic Map - never seen before - of the inner workings and goings on upon Oak Island.

Listen to the incredible story from Matt's Mother and his close friend he was working with to bring this secret map to light. The Map was found in an ancient building bricked up behind the walls in a Secret "Temple-Like" Room that was bricked up for ages and kept almost like a shrine. This Secret Masonic Ritual Room was discovered during a renovation and when Matt was on his way to inspect the map for Hutton Pulitzer to verify authenticity - Matt mysteriously comes up dead in the most strange and scary of circumstances. Hear from local Nova Scotia partner with Matt about the weird circumstances of Matt's death and this Ancient Mystery Masonic Map which Matt was being lead to by a High Ranking Mason's Grand daughter.

This is the UNTOLD story - held back as not to tank the TV Shows opening credits and Legend "7 Must Die". Now that the 7th death has been exposed by the family (who believe their son was in fact the 7th victim)

The untold story was the link I provided that no longer works. The mystery deepens.
:D

Also, anyone who has been following the series knows that Fred Nolan passed away and one could easily say he was the 7th to die.

Time which ran out June 4th, 2016 for Oak Island Treasure Hunter, Fred Nolan. One month and one day short of his 89th birthday. 50 plus of those 89 years were consumed with the fire and passion of a treasure hunter, yet more than 60% of those years were spent in a nasty war over Oak Island.

Last edited:
A google got me to an article, author name of Hutton Pulitzer (pen name I assume). It said the crew would hold parties that were heavily drug-laden and one of the Lagina brothers wondered if Chisholm's death was related to drugs. Seems odd to me that these investigative reporters have not accessed an autopsy report. Also is odd that, given today's "loose lips" culture, the truth has not come forth from someone in the know. I guess time will tell, eventually.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back