Motorcyclist Dies On Ride Protesting Helmet Law In New York

Re: Motorcyclist Dies On Ride Protesting Helmet Law In New York

15 years in law enforcement. saw way more lives saved with a helmet than without. i don't like wearing one, and tended not to at times, but i ride loooong miles so my wife had a satelite radio installed for me for christmas, with speakers in my helmet. so now i gotta wear it if i want to listen to the radio !

Went down last fall when a car stopped suddenly in front of me road rash on arm. My head hit and I was glad I had helmet on.

15 years in law enforcement. saw way more lives saved with a helmet than without. i don't like wearing one, and tended not to at times, but i ride loooong miles so my wife had a satelite radio installed for me for christmas, with speakers in my helmet. so now i gotta wear it if i want to listen to the radio !

rodeo you have a smart wife

Scalp Hunter didn't wear a helmet often until I pointed out one thing to him: the highway surface is a lot tougher than his noggin. Now he wears a helmet (even a half-helmet) every time he goes out on the trike. Thanks, dear heart.

wore helmets way before Louisiana passed helmet laws. Like Bazooka, I have seen what happens up close when there are bike wrecks and no helmet. Just not worth it

I wouldn't ride without a helmet or drive without a seatbelt. But I'll be damned if I need the government looking over my shoulder. The way I have it figured, minors should have to wear helmets PERIOD. Adults should be able to do as they chose.

When I was younger I heard a lot of stories about helmets bouncing if they hit the interstate at 60mph, the bounce was severe enough to break your neck to the point of killing you. So once in a while I would go with no helmet, figured "what's the difference?" But always wore one around town. Those Cement curb lines always looked menacing to me.

Now that I'm an old fart, I don't believe the business about the helmet bouncing. And I've met a few folks that are still here because of their helmet. 'Nuff said for me.

I never bought into the "if your time is up......." thinking. Sure, if it's your time, you can't stop it. But why push it? I look before I cross the street, don't want God to say "That dumb-ass."

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back