McLean County Illinois Respects Veterans

ISP-FL

600+ Posts
Mar 16, 2017
Lake Suzy, FL USA
We have been staying in a local county campground just north of Bloomington/Normal Illinois. We have been here for a couple weeks and have almost two more weeks to go before heading out to the Black Hills.

The park is Camlara County Park and is owned by McLean County, Illinois.

When we checked in the rate was about $27.00 a night for a long pull thru site with electric only (no sewer or water hook up). Yesterday we went back to the office to book the remainder of our time and pay the balance. The Ranger on duty asked if I was a veteran. I confirmed that I was and he went back in the computer and refigured everything. When all was said and done we were not only paid up for the rest of our stay but they refunded us $18. In other words, they gave me a 50% veterans discount!

This was extra special for me because as a 17 year old I entered the Army from here. This was my "home of record", or the county in which I enlisted from. It says something about this county board and the citizens of this area to provide all veterans, resident and non-resident, with such a large camping discount.

Thank you McLean County Illinois.