Maiden Voyage Today!

wingking51

Contributing Member
Dec 12, 2009
Friedens, PA
The long wait is over. The snow is gone and the roads are in good shape. I finally got my first ride on our new trike today after work. It was a very interesting experience the first time out. First stop light I pull up to and it is red. I come to a stop and my feet hit the ground. Buddy behind said to me over cb I thought you didn't need to put your feet down at stop lights! Force of habit I guess.

Not only do I have to get comfortable with "steering" the trike, I also was aware of the side to side motion when you are on uneven pavement because of having two wheels behind you. Also, just because you miss a pothole with the front wheel doesn't mean you miss it with the back wheels. After riding 55 miles this afternoon, I know that it will get better with more riding.

Thursday after work, wife will get to go on her first trike ride.

I know this, the trike is a keeper!:yes::yes::yes:

Congratulations!!!! You are right that there is a learning curve, but every ride will get more comfortable and "natural". And somewhere between 200 and 400 miles, you'll suddenly realize that you aren't even feeling any difference. It will just feel right and natural and you'll be having a ball!

Congrats wingking51. The first thing to really remember is the feet not going down. You can forget and get them in a bad position down there. Those rear fenders will grab you.

Nana said it all... But congratulations, and I know you'll just love your 3 wheeled 'therapy'
smileys-free-download-1415.gif

My first time out I stopped at a light that was a T in the road L or R turn only . . the light turned and I went straight leaning like crazy. I thought I was gona kill myself or even worse. 300 miles and I got much better. 45,000 and now I am real good.

Glad the snow has left you guys. Be careful out there.

Joe, do you ever wash your bike?;)

Mine hasn't looked that clean since the day Zook finished the conversion.

Looks that clean due to the fact the painter just delivered it. Hopefully I'll keep it looking that good.

Glad the snow has left you guys. Be careful out there.

Joe, do you ever wash your bike?;)

Mine hasn't looked that clean since the day Zook finished the conversion.

I keep reading on this forum all the snow reports, we're really spoiled in my part of the world. Day before yesterday, it was revealed we have just had over 100 successive days with temperatures above 20° C (68° F)... mind you, there was a bunch of days where we had 40° C + (104° F + )together with very hot northerly winds (like riding in a hair-dryer) Believe me, there is NO escape from that sort of heat when riding because the air is roasting hot.

Puff, don't you have "cool vests" down there? We get temps here that are considerably above 104. As I get older the heat bothers me more than it used to, so once it gets 115 & up, I use the cool vest. The one HD has is good for about 50 miles in our low humidity, but I got one online that works for about 100 miles. Here's a site for one dealer that sells 'em:

RideCool

Hey, Joe -- have you gotten to make your maden voyage yet? It was beautiful in Laughlin yesterday for the BTW Trike In.

NM

Puff, don't you have "cool vests" down there? We get temps here that are considerably above 104. As I get older the heat bothers me more than it used to, so once it gets 115 & up, I use the cool vest. The one HD has is good for about 50 miles in our low humidity, but I got one online that works for about 100 miles. Here's a site for one dealer that sells 'em:

RideCool

Hey, Joe -- have you gotten to make your maden voyage yet? It was beautiful in Laughlin yesterday for the BTW Trike In.

NM

Yep did a 25 mile Maiden and only put my feet down once. I do notice the crown in the road but other than that it came along nicely. Need more miles. Hopefully this week I can take advantage of my 1 week lay-off and the warm, mid 50s, this week and ride.

I never have put my feet down -- yet. I did catch myself looking for the kick stand once though. Glad to hear you're FINALLY mobile & learning the tricks of triking. Ya just gotta LOVE red Roadsmiths!! :yes:

NM

RideCool

NM

Thanx for that, I've just this evening returned from a 3 day run and I'm absolutely exhausted at this moment, but have bookmarked the page and will have a good read tomorrow.
Fortunately its Autumn now (Fall in your neck of the woods) and the ride home today was a clear blue sky and 30°C (86 °F) At the moment we in Victoria are beginning to believe that summer is refusing to die I'm not complaining ;)

CONGRATS, from pa also, they are building mine in Va. CSC starting 4/12 I cannot wait,,,,,its like xmas at age 7!!! but ON TOPIC, RIDE SAFE, RIDE LIKE THE WIND!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back