Freewheeler maiden voyage check engine light

Sep 1, 2022
Crescent City
Brand new Freewheeler. Dealer delivered it to my house a week or so ago. Went to go take it out today for the first time and the check engine light stayed on. Checked for codes. There was a P1608h code which is a loss of continuous battery. I had it on a battery tender which I disconnected before riding (duh). I did pull the main fuse a few days ago to install a rear rack with brake light. What should I do at this point? How do I get the check engine light solved?

Hi Max, Write the code down, then see this thread on how to clear it. After that you may want to have your dealer take a look at it

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/43035-Harley-trouble-codes

It could be as simple as when you pulled the main fuse, the ECM saw an interruption of power, or the battery cables may not be tight @ the battery, sometimes the factory errors during assembly

Hi Max, Write the code down, then see this thread on how to clear it. After that you may want to have your dealer take a look at it

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/43035-Harley-trouble-codes

It could be as simple as when you pulled the main fuse, the ECM saw an interruption of power, or the battery cables may not be tight @ the battery, sometimes the factory errors during assembly

Thanks Jack. I wasn't expecting the check engine light to be related to such a simple code, but I guess things have changed. I cleared the code, and the check engine light went out. Took it for a 20 or so mile ride and everything was fine. My nearest dealer is a couple hours away so I don't show up there very often. Thank you for your help, sir.

Max my 2022 Keeps setting codes. I clear them and after a couple of riding it then power off the power on cycles more codes pop up. I'm keeping a list of the codes it sets. I spoke with the dealer and they said the 22's are more prone to throw codes if not left on a tender all the time. I think that is BS but what do I know.

All the codes clear ok and the trike runs ok. For how long, time will tell. I'll keep riding it till it quits then worry about it.

Max my 2022 Keeps setting I spoke with the dealer and they said the 22's are more prone to throw codes if not left on a tender all the time. I think that is BS but what do I know.
Ask those retards if they will supply extension cords so your covered wherever you go. Do car dealers tell you this. Id bring the trike back and tell them I want my money refunded. Where do they find these people?

Max my 2022 Keeps setting codes. I clear them and after a couple of riding it then power off the power on cycles more codes pop up. I'm keeping a list of the codes it sets. I spoke with the dealer and they said the 22's are more prone to throw codes if not left on a tender all the time. I think that is BS but what do I know.

All the codes clear ok and the trike runs ok. For how long, time will tell. I'll keep riding it till it quits then worry about it.

This is complete nonsense/ a non answer from any dealer IMO

HD needs to get these electrical issues fixed now, it makes them look weak with answers like this from dealers

Thanks Jack. I wasn't expecting the check engine light to be related to such a simple code, but I guess things have changed. I cleared the code, and the check engine light went out. Took it for a 20 or so mile ride and everything was fine. My nearest dealer is a couple hours away so I don't show up there very often. Thank you for your help, sir.

Jack has saved me from making a couple of trips to the dealer. ;)

My neighbors 2020 Tri Glide will throw a code if he doesn't keep it on a tender if he doesn't ride it for a couple weeks. As long as you ride it every couple days there should be no reason for a tender.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back