Lug nuts

Same here, I never knew there was a difference. I had heard there was but never checked into it. Thanks for the information

A quick description: a “regular” lugnut will usually utilize a 13/16” socket to install or remove… the “bulge type” which is used on the Trikes will utilize a 3/4” socket and will fit the hole opening of the wheel better, especially if using a thicker impact type of socket.
22808beb-5c70-433f-b5aa-f55d886c5445

A 19MM socket fits a bit better than a 3/4".:)

A 19MM socket fits a bit better than a 3/4".:)

Both sizes are very close as 19mm is only .002 (two thousandths) smaller than 3/4” and can interchange pretty good with one another.

Personally I use a 3/4” 6 point impact socket, which fit my lug nuts better than my 19mm. (Could just be my brand of sockets) :Shrug:

Both sizes are very close as 19mm is only .002 (two thousandths) smaller than 3/4” and can interchange pretty good with one another.

Personally I use a 3/4” 6 point impact socket, which fit my lug nuts better than my 19mm. (Could just be my brand of sockets) :Shrug:

Might be the brand of sockets .....My 19 MM Is a tighter fit than my 3/4...

Also most of my sockets are over 50 years plus so that could be a factor....And well used by my two Sons and me..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back