Low Speed Vibration

Aug 21, 2011
Marissa, IL USA
Jerry 126
Intermittingly, my 2008 Stallion vibrates at speeds 25 to 50 mph. Once past 50 it runs perfectly. Has anyone had this problem, know of any cause or fixes?

the front end needs rebuilding. the early Stallions had some weak parts in the front end. I believe mostly the bearings. the new bearings are much better.

Yes front bearings were crap on early models. It they go on you it is not pretty. They tried to tell me it was the road, it was normal, it was this , it was that, until they finally figured out it was the bearings. They require removing the forks and trying to pop out the old bearings. If that does not work they replace the forks.

It may be something else.".. But that may be the first place to start.

Where is the vibration at? Is it coming from the front, or the rear? Could be tires, but could also be a driveshaft bushing issue also. There is a bushing located in the tail housing of the transmission that keeps the driveshaft from vibrating while driving. Also could have a problem with the rearend, any additional information you have that you could give me and I will try to help you out.

Vibration Problem Solved! My local Ford dealer did not want to work on the bike so I took it to Motorsports shop locally. The mechanic works on racecars. After taking apart the front end, he found 1 wheel bearing in the front and 4 seals bad. All were replaced and the front tire was balanced. The steering box was adjusted. I took the Stallion on a 60 mile trip and there was no vibration on the bike. Thanks to Gorilla, Mattel, and Stallion Tech for all the information. Jerry126

Vibration Problem Solved! My local Ford dealer did not want to work on the bike so I took it to Motorsports shop locally. The mechanic works on racecars. After taking apart the front end, he found 1 wheel bearing in the front and 4 seals bad. All were replaced and the front tire was balanced. The steering box was adjusted. I took the Stallion on a 60 mile trip and there was no vibration on the bike. Thanks to Gorilla, Mattel, and Stallion Tech for all the information. Jerry126

Jerry if you can find out would you post what the part number for the bearings were that he replaced Seals also.

Thanks, Ted

Jerry 126 :You should also contact the FORD WORLD HEADQUARTERS Customer Service Hotline and inform them of the lack of service from your local Ford Dealer because the original letter (TSB) from FORD to all dealers was signed by William Ford and the corporation does not care much about dealers who refuse to service Ford products.. Your serial number when entered into Dealer computer comes back with a Ford product veh. number. That dealer needs to wake up and take care of us. Charlie D.ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back