Looking for hitch for my 2005 Road king Lehman Renegade Trike

Looking for hitch for my 2005 Road king Lehman Renegade Trike

I am a new member to this forum and would like to hear back from anyone regarding my need for a hitch. I have a 2005 HD Road King Lehman Renegade Trike conversion. Would anyone have a suggestion where I can find a hitch for this trike. A friend has suggested that I can go to a metal/machine shop and have them make one. But, I am hesitant. Prefer to find one that supports the Lehman conversion kit that is on my Road king.

I had the Lehman hitch, but the short mounting across the two rear crossmembers and springy flat bar drawbar resulted in unwanted movement when using a hitch carrier, and I wanted a 1-1/4" square receiver style ... so keeping in mind that the center stand mount ahead of the axle was no longer in use ... I tied all three together. I left the rear most part of the Lehman mount, but removed the springy drawbar. I made my receptacle long enough to reach the center stand mount on the frame, I could go back. It worked very well, no cantilevered weight on two rear cross members so that stress was removed, plus it braced the rear frame of the trike. I could stand on the hitch carrier, no sag ... and a trailer fully loaded with tongue cooler was nothing. Last picture is not my trike, but just one I saw ... for thought.

Attachments

• 2019-09-10 650 (18).jpg
    2019-09-10 650 (18).jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 46
  • reciever support 640.jpg
    reciever support 640.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Shell on 220 in 2016 - 2 APs.jpg
    Shell on 220 in 2016 - 2 APs.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Rally in the Valley 2005 white trike hitch small.jpg
    Rally in the Valley 2005 white trike hitch small.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 48

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back