looking for a better ride out of my Harley/Lehman Trike

Aug 3, 2020
Oklahoma City
I Have a 2003 Harley Ultra Classic w/a Lehman Renegade Trike kit and with the stock Lehman coil-over shocks set on the lowest or next to the lowest setting it rides like a stiff truck with little to no shock absorbing qualities.

I am needing some input on weather or not the Legends Air Ride with the on-board air compressor would or would not improve the ride and handling.

Our resident Lehman trike kit authority goes by the screen name Lee H. Mann. He checks in to the website every few days to address questions. His name is Jim. You can also reach him at:

mjtrikes.com

Welcome to Trike Talk Allen! As has been stated, Jim Murphy (Lee H. Mann) is our Lehman guru and your best source to answer your question.

I Have a 2003 Harley Ultra Classic w/a Lehman Renegade Trike kit and with the stock Lehman coil-over shocks set on the lowest or next to the lowest setting it rides like a stiff truck with little to no shock absorbing qualities.

I am needing some input on weather or not the Legends Air Ride with the on-board air compressor would or would not improve the ride and handling.

Allen,

Lehman conversions were usually installed utilizing stock 13" air-shocks on the FLH-FLT models.

If you have coil-over shocks, someone has replaced them.

You can find 'used' take-off shocks on eBay for around $125-150 a pair.

Also it sounds like you haven't change the Triple Tree to a raked version.

We really should talk www.mjtrikes.com

Allen, How did my advise work out ?????

crickets

As it turns out, Allen has IRS Lehman/Champion suspension with coil-over shocks.

He was running 30psi in the rear tires.

I spoke with him over the phone and asked him to call me back with feedback on my suggestions.

crickets.jpg

Hey Allen ... Allen ... Allen ... Allen ... en ... en .......................:Shrug:

Guess nobody is home !!!

If there is no response, the question must have been in my imagination !!

Tough crowd here sometimes Jim

I hate it when there is a slow or NO response. The posters need to realize their threads and answers may be of a huge help to many;)

Hello, we have a 06 Ultra Classic lemans trike with air shocks

and run them on about 30 psi & 25 on the rear tires, I weigh

250 lbs my wife 165 lbs, and have a very decent ride, you could

purchase some oem used air shocks and test drive them.

I purchased an Empire kit with air compressor and gauge got

them installed and we went for a ride, we tried every possible

air pressure setting and didn’t work, the ride was soo bad we

even lost a tourpak latch, heck it was so stiff that I put the old

ones back and the Empire shocks went in to our trash can.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back