Looking for a 2020 Tri-Glide

My buddy said the same thing. He said it has been started and ran every month and has a battery tender on it. He took it out for a ride and said it ran perfectly. But it is still a 4--5 year old unit and i agree about the seals.

Well . . . if you check it out starting and running an engine is definitely not the thing to do. If you can't get it up to operating temperature to burn off / vaporize contaminants you're better off just letting it set. That would concern me for sure. Probably lots and lots of water in the engine oil. Pull the dip stick and see if it has white goo. If it does there is heavy water contamination in the oil.

Fully agree but according to my friend who is a mechanic he said no water in oil or anything like that. Checked out very good. He said whoever is running it every month is doing it correctly. Me being raised on a farm/ranch in NoDak know all about the good and the bad things to do with motors and all kinds of vehicles and machinery. But i agree some don't know even how to check the oil or do regular maintenance.

We both feel bad for the guy and being saddled with payments yet.

I too had a mini and also a major stroke but praise the Lord i don't have many "bad" effects from them. If you follow my posts sometimes what i am thinking i am typing doesn't come out on the keyboard like i am thinking! Also used to be excellent in spelling but not all the time now. Sometimes i really mess up words!

North of 40k $$ I know for a fact ,my 16 was around 35 out the door. Unless it has a bunch of extra's he paid too much. That said, I just traded my 16 with 45K on the speedo & got 22,500 trade in, & had the Axxion front suspension, chrome forks, pull back bars, catless header, & all new rubber on it. Also a license for the PV installed & a better gear installed on tranny for better cruising in 6th. Best of luck on your decision.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back