I've always been curious why people call themselves the name they have.

Re: I've always been curious why people call themselves the name they have.

Teacher at school used to call me "Ned" after some famous Aussie??:confused: Some guy who ran around with a garbage can on his head and had a strange affection for other peoples sheep???:blush:
Aussies eh?? :eek:
Anyhow I digress!! The name just stayed with me!!:D

tango id forgotten that stuff existed hads my share in my mispent youth my name is my name original huh

I have horses and my husband has planes and Harleys, so my license plate on my truck became HPilot. We always said it stood for Hot pilot, Harley Pilot and Horse Pilot. When I got my bike I added the Iron.

Well lets see here? Joe jenkins is the name jojo is the nick name
and then theres triker
jjtriker
wasnt so hard huh

a shaved head in high school got me the nickname shiney, it stuck(now, it comes naturally-if you catch my meaning!). along came cb radios, and shiney didn't seem enough of a handle. a friend added the first initial of my last name. after 40 years, close friends still know me as shiney b., or just plain b.

I use to dispatch trucks for a large grocery store chain. I worked 2nd and 3rd shifts. One night a truck driver came to the dispatch window and when I opened it he said, "How is my little Cup Cake tonight". :blush: Of course several of the other drivers heard it and it just stuck. I have been called that every since. It's been about 11 years now. I guess its not as bad as it could be....

I use to dispatch trucks for a large grocery store chain. I worked 2nd and 3rd shifts. One night a truck driver came to the dispatch window and when I opened it he said, "How is my little Cup Cake tonight". :blush: Of course several of the other drivers heard it and it just stuck. I have been called that every since. It's been about 11 years now. I guess its not as bad as it could be....

Nice!! Better to be named after a delicious sugary treat than some dysfunctional Australian!! :eek: :yes:

Mine was a Irish thing. When I would walk into a room my Uncles would say "tis himself" So tis kinda stuck, on other forums it was Ultraman, or Ultraman spelled backwards.. "Namartlu"

I worked in an aluminum foundry in the 70's and when we worked the afternoon or midnight shift,our crew of 3 always had the highest quota and produced more ingots than anyone. They started calling me gravy and it stuck.

When I was born they named me John. MMy family name was Jackie so when I was going to school (4yrs) I changed my name to Jake...since then it has stuck. At that time 1966 there were not many Jakes around (except for John Wayne, Big Jake).
I have other names (legal ones) which I use when doing business transactions :yes:

I've always rode white wall tires on my Harley. I often got razed for the fact they were seldom white. One old biker dubbed me White Wall Willy. He was testing me out...I think he was looking for me to loose my temper. I didn't (that time) any way, it stuck. I learned many things from that old biker. Both about bikes and life. I'm proud of my nickname, and where it like a badge of honer.

A lot of fellow Chiefs in the Navy would say "Go ask Cal, he's The Man with the answers" (I was Admin Boss). After a while my fellow Chief Petty Officers shortened it to Calman.

Husband and I have shot Cowboy Action for about 5 years. We had to come with an alias. Husband didn't have much trouble, he has long hair, so hence -- Longhair. I thought about mine for about 6 months and got cornered one day and was asked, "What is your alias?" Had to think quick. I'm a lady and I love cats, so hence -- LadyKitty.

;) WELL, I HAVE HAD MANY KNICK NAMES OVER MY 75 YEARS, BUT THE LATEST IS "MS.PINKY AND THAT IS BECAUSE MY TRIKE IS PINK (ALL PINK) I HAVE PREVIOUSLY OWNED 3 HARLEYS AND A GOLD WING . I RIDE WITH A GROUP CALLED THE POSSE HERE IN OKLAHOMA AND THEY GAVE ME THE NAME. I DROVE SEMI TRUCK FOR 35 YEARS, COAST TO COAST AND WAS "MANHANDLER" THEN WENT TO "LDYTRKR" (LADY TRUCKER) AND NOW, ALSO "LDYTRKR" (LADY TRIKER) AGE IS OF NO MIND,,GET OUT THERE AND RIDE WITH THE BEST OF THEM..HOPE TO MEET MANY MORE FRIENDS ON TT. MY BETTER HALF IS CALLED "HARRY-lEGS"

MS PINKY AND HARRY LEGS

Well, I'm in my early 60's, had gray hair since my early 50's and I'm a bit of a night owl (don't do the early morning thing too well). So all that got shortened to 'grayowl' and it stuck.

frankentrike because my trike is a conglomeration of around 7 or so different vehicles.....harley,mack truck,yamaha,volkswagon,ford,chevy and,,,,,oh yeah,trane airconditioner.:cool::cool::cool:

This is easy my name is AL and I have been called Big AL for years by my Brothers Im not that big 5 11 205:D but Iv been bigger like 265:( Back in the day I was called BadHabit but we wont talk about that :no:those days are gone:yes:

A jinglebob is part of a spur-as in riding a horse. I ride an iron horse and my name's Bob, so seemed appropriate...

Bob

Canadians call themselves "Canucks".

I have been riding Boss Hoss bikes/trikes for 9 years.

Hence "CANUCKHOSS"

Anyone with a military background knows the acronym FNG. As a group, FNGs are disdained, avoided and untrusted because they are the noobs. One remained an FNG until proven, or the next group cycled in from the repo depot. Don't mean nuthin'. I've used the FNG handle for some time and it always brings a smile to those in the know and remember what it was like. (Or they're laughing at this FNG because that's what you do!) Other acronyms come to mind but this is a happy place. How about FOG for Fairly Old Guy?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back