INSTRUMENT PANEL

No such moel 2013 Freewheeler, 2015 was first production year, see below for the trigger switch to view your mileage, #11, LS handlebar cluster

HD17FLHTCUTG070.gif

your right its a 2015..

is the switch a common problem

No, however HD has upgraded this switch

Have you pressure washed your trike, or ridden in hard rain recently?

The switches are supposed to be weatherproof, tho I had a failure on my 15 model, replaced under warranty with a newer version switch

thanks.. i dont use a pressure washer but i do wash it with a hose

i quess i will be buying a new switch ..Is it a easy swap out??

thanks.. i dont use a pressure washer but i do wash it with a hose

i quess i will be buying a new switch ..Is it a easy swap out??

Brian, before you go change out switches and if you think it’s water that caused the problem spray the switch with some lubricant contact cleaner..Not WD 40..

Brian, before you go change out switches and if you think it’s water that caused the problem spray the switch with some lubricant contact cleaner..Not WD 40..

Bob, that does not work the switches are microprocessors, it does work somewhat on the clutch switch nipple tho

AS far as I know HD is on their 3rd generation of these switch paks, my 15 model had the A and B models both installed before I traded it

Bob, that does not work the switches are microprocessors, it does work somewhat on the clutch switch nipple tho

AS far as I know HD is on their 3rd generation of these switch paks, my 15 model had the A and B models both installed before I traded it

Jack I always- Use the Principle of Parsimony…IE ; Go to the simplest solution first….And if it doesn’t work you can always use the contact cleaner for something else down the road..

where do you bring your trike for service in n.j.

i am not a fan of are local dealer

If I’m mistaken, correct me but I think the nearest Harley dealer near you (Lake Hoppalong) will be morris county on route 10… I only buy Oil and oll filters from them, and occasionally a part… They actually have another dealership in Lebanon, New Jersey on route 22.. different names, Same owners..

switch

well i replaced the switch and that did the trick..

I called the motor company and was told just because they change a part number dosen't mean the part had a problem..

they said they do it all the time because they change manufactures

well i replaced the switch and that did the trick..

I called the motor company and was told just because they change a part number dosen't mean the part had a problem..

they said they do it all the time because they change manufactures

Yea….And they changed manufacturer for 3 reasons..1} There was a problem with the first manufacturer parts- 2} The new manufacturer undercut the first manufacturers price on the parts or 3} A combination of 1 and 2….. …

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back