Installed a rake kit today

Oct 18, 2014
Galmey, Missouri USA
I bought a 6* rake kit for our 2005 GL1800 Goldwing/Lehman trike kit from Papa Zook/Cut N Shoot Customs and I'm here to tell you, Cost was good, Instructions were great, Install was not hard, just a little tedious. I can't believe the difference. It almost steers too easy. It's going to take a little getting used to. It is so quick and easy, I decided to wiggle the handle bars at 40mph to see if there was any looseness and about threw myself off the bike. Thank you Papa Zook. I couldn't be happier. Teaching the wife to drive it is going to be so much easier now.

I bought a 6* rake kit for our 2005 GL1800 Goldwing/Lehman trike kit from Pap Zook/Cut N Shoot Customs and I'm here to tell you, Cost was good, Instructions were great, Install was not hard, just a little tedious. I can't believe the difference. It almost steers too easy. It's going to take a little getting used to. It is so quick and easy, I decided to wiggle the handle bars at 40mph to see if there was any looseness and about threw myself off the bike. Thank you Papa Zook. I couldn't be happier. Teaching the wife to drive it is going to be so much easier now.

---ThumbUp..........ThumbUp---

I bought a 6* rake kit for our 2005 GL1800 Goldwing/Lehman trike kit from Papa Zook/Cut N Shoot Customs and I'm here to tell you, Cost was good, Instructions were great, Install was not hard, just a little tedious. I can't believe the difference. It almost steers too easy. It's going to take a little getting used to. It is so quick and easy, I decided to wiggle the handle bars at 40mph to see if there was any looseness and about threw myself off the bike. Thank you Papa Zook. I couldn't be happier. Teaching the wife to drive it is going to be so much easier now.

Thanks Alan. Glad you're enjoying the rake kit!

I bought a 6* rake kit for our 2005 GL1800 Goldwing/Lehman trike kit from Papa Zook/Cut N Shoot Customs and I'm here to tell you, Cost was good, Instructions were great, Install was not hard, just a little tedious. I can't believe the difference. It almost steers too easy.
It'll get over it.

It's going to take a little getting used to. It is so quick and easy, I decided to wiggle the handle bars at 40mph to see if there was any looseness and about threw myself off the bike. Thank you Papa Zook. I couldn't be happier. Teaching the wife to drive it is going to be so much easier now.
Careful there!

I know some will say "don't need no rake kit" … but I absolutely know with no doubt, it's a huge improvement in comfort and control. Naysayers are usually just stingy.

those who say "don't need no rake kit" dont have a clue what they are missing.... may not NEED it ... ride a trike with one... you WILL go buy one.... been saying that since about 87 been told i am nut a lot yup "crazy like a fox"

Weather and all the co-virus crap going on delayed us on taking anything more than a short trip around here, but the temp got up to 75* today so we took a short 100 mile round trip today. Everytime we went around a curve of any kind my smile would go from ear to ear. It's like riding in a new sports car. I can't believe how well it corners and how easy it is to make it do it. For anyone on the fence about installing a rake kit, believe me it will be the best money you've ever spent on a trike.

Installed a rake kit

Weather and all the co-virus crap going on delayed us on taking anything more than a short trip around here, but the temp got up to 75* today so we took a short 100 mile round trip today. Everytime we went around a curve of any kind my smile would go from ear to ear. It's like riding in a new sports car. I can't believe how well it corners and how easy it is to make it do it. For anyone on the fence about installing a rake kit, believe me it will be the best money you've ever spent on a trike.

I agree completely - adding a 5 degree triple tree to my Suzuki C50T trike was the best decision. Cornering, uneven roads are very rideable now. Smiles as the miles (kms here) roll by! If you are thinking about doing this - simply do it, you will enjoy your ride so much more.:10:

Thanks to Lee H Mann for making the case to do it and Machine Design for manufacturing the part!

I'm also glad that I installed a 5.5% rake on my Roadsmith Goldwing

Very nice, now you'll have to find another use for those mussels you won't be needing to steer your trike!:Trike1:

Congrad's,

Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back