I'm back in the Harley Forum

Really nice Chief. Hope it all works out for you....the bike and the next surgery. What did Harley have to say about his new ride...or was he too busy with dog treats to notice?

Don and I didn't get home until around 6:30 and it was getting dark, so we just unloaded the bike and put it in the garage. Harley (my Yorkie) will get to ride it soon.

As for the next surgery, please see the post in the general discussion forum. It's a long story and I really don't think I want to repeat it here. :AGGHH:

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/48028-Knee-surgery-saga-update

Basically, the next knee is not gonna happen until late October or early November.

Just remember to put your feet down at stops. Don't laugh, I've forgot after having a great long ride that was just perfect. Pulled into my driveway, stopped and just sat there thinking how great the ride was, until I started going over. At that point I just stood up and let it happen. To this day I feel like every neighbor saw that bonehead move. So put your feet down....EVERY TIME.;)

First ride home on the trike I put my feet down prior to shutting it off. Old habits are hard to break.

Good luck 👍 Fuzzy

Just a note ; Baggers don’t make good Hill Climbers :D

This one has lots of umph ... with the vance and hines power duals and the hi flow mufflers, free flow air breather and the dyno that was done on it ... it really gets up and moves. Probably the quickest Harley I've ever owned. I don't know numbers, but I did find a receipt for the dyno in the owner's manual and it came with a race tuner. It appears to be well done.

Also, I filled it today just to get a base line mpg, and after filling, the computer was telling me 247 miles to empty. that's like 41 mpg if it's accurate. After mid thirties on the tri, I can live with that.

On another "find", I discovered the bike has the Sirius module installed. Called sirius and added it to the account and I now have the Message on the bike too.

I actually read some of the owners manual today ... that might be a first for me ... LOL .. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to get the radio ID so I could activate it. :D

This one has lots of umph ... with the vance and hines power duals and the hi flow mufflers, free flow air breather and the dyno that was done on it ... it really gets up and moves. Probably the quickest Harley I've ever owned. I don't know numbers, but I did find a receipt for the dyno in the owner's manual and it came with a race tuner. It appears to be well done.

Also, I filled it today just to get a base line mpg, and after filling, the computer was telling me 247 miles to empty. that's like 41 mpg if it's accurate. After mid thirties on the tri, I can live with that.

On another "find", I discovered the bike has the Sirius module installed. Called sirius and added it to the account and I now have the Message on the bike too.

I actually read some of the owners manual today ... that might be a first for me ... LOL .. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to get the radio ID so I could activate it. :D

Yeah, why that had to go and make bikes so complicated that you actually have to read the owners manual sorta sucks. I was on a 150+ mile ride TODAY and pulled the manual out because for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to change the bass and treble settings. What a demoralizer that was.:blush::blush::blush:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back