I just can't imagine what they will think of next!!!!

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
I went to my friend at the local trailer repair place. Wanted him to make me an appointment to get the electric brakes on the new to me TK1.

He takes a look at the jeep, walks into his shop comes out and hands me bluetooth operated brake controller ... no need to "mount" or wire a brake controller inside the jeep. The really cool thing, if I need to use the trailer with a different vehicle, just move it and my phone to the other vehicle.

Echo Smart Controller.jpeg

This thing is amazing. Plug it into the 7 prong plug in the Jeep, plug the trailer 7 prong plug into it, pair it with my iPhone and Voila, brake controller. Couple of test rides ... minor adjustment on output and sensitivity ... and firm brakes and just enough trailer lead to be perfect.

Technology is pretty incredible. Never fails to amaze me.

My Dodge ram has it built right into the truck I can adjust the sensitivity from the dashboard... It’s the only vehicle I tow with and it doesn’t matter what trailer i use long as long as the trailer has electronic brakes... But I can see were it would be useful if you towed with different vehicles....

My Dodge ram has it built right into the truck I can adjust the sensitivity from the dashboard... It’s the only vehicle I tow with and it doesn’t matter what trailer i use long as long as the trailer has electronic brakes... But I can see were it would be useful if you towed with different vehicles....

My Jeep did not have a controller ... so I was gonna need one either way.

This controller can be set up for 5 different trailers. I only pull one, but, if I trade the jeep, I just take the controller with me. :D

I went to my friend at the local trailer repair place. Wanted him to make me an appointment to get the electric brakes on the new to me TK1.

He takes a look at the jeep, walks into his shop comes out and hands me bluetooth operated brake controller ... no need to "mount" or wire a brake controller inside the jeep. The really cool thing, if I need to use the trailer with a different vehicle, just move it and my phone to the other vehicle.

View attachment 91513

This thing is amazing. Plug it into the 7 prong plug in the Jeep, plug the trailer 7 prong plug into it, pair it with my iPhone and Voila, brake controller. Couple of test rides ... minor adjustment on output and sensitivity ... and firm brakes and just enough trailer lead to be perfect.

Technology is pretty incredible. Never fails to amaze me.

Sounds like a winner Fuzzy.

It will be easier for the Government to track you now. Bluetooth is easy to hack into.:(

And remember, just because your NOT paranoid...it doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you.

Sounds like a winner Fuzzy.

It will be easier for the Government to track you now. Bluetooth is easy to hack into.:(

And remember, just because your NOT paranoid...it doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you.

If the Government wants to track me .... I wish them luck ... they would have to be within 30 feet of me ... the active range of BT ... besides, I think like trouble, the government pretty much knows where I am at all times ... :AGGHH:

If the Government wants to track me .... I wish them luck ... they would have to be within 30 feet of me ... the active range of BT ... besides, I think like trouble, the government pretty much knows where I am at all times ... :AGGHH:

You know I was just messing with you. I know they can track you...the last time you were in the VA Hospital, they implanted a chip.

If I make it to the 4 Corners Rally in Durango next year, are we still on for lunch at my Son's saloon?

My treat of course.:cool:

I know they can track you...the last time you were in the VA Hospital, they implanted a chip.

They wanted to .... but .... I wouldn't let them ... Alan won't take the mark of the beast ... :D

My treat of course.:cool:

You bet ... Does your sun's saloon allow dogs???? LOL ... I'd be in dutch if Kira couldn't come ... LOL ... typical female ... doesn't want to be left home ... and ya know ... I kind of like that ... :blush:

They wanted to .... but .... I wouldn't let them ... Alan won't take the mark of the beast ... :D

You bet ... Does your sun's saloon allow dogs???? LOL ... I'd be in dutch if Kira couldn't come ... LOL ... typical female ... doesn't want to be left home ... and ya know ... I kind of like that ... :blush:

I don't know the Colorado rules.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back