Hurricane Sandy

I guess Leo & Jeannette made the cruise because we haven't heard a word from them. Good for them if they did!

Hi Rosy, Yes, we were able to sail from Manhattan on 11/2. Our 10 day cruise turned into an 8 day cruise with different itinerary. Princess gave us 2 day per diem as onboard credit and 50% future cruise credit. We had a nice time. It was good to get away for a while. Thanks!

Janice and I just got back from 2 weeks on the road. We drove from Washington DC to Clovis, New Mexico. It was a great ride in the Ford F150 and stopped in NC, Georgia, MS, & TX. Then flew home from Amarillo, TX to Boston.
Glad you had a good time and after Sandy, it was great to be away. Janice and I missed Sandy as we were in NC when she hit land. Dover got a little wind and misty rain so we were very lucky. A few small limbs down, not like yours, so cleanup after we got home was a piece of cake!
Big question, on your cruise, did you have lobster?
Take care and say hi to Jeannette for us, see you soon!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Rosy, Glad you had a nice vacation and escaped the worse of Sandy. Cannot believe the destruction leveled by this storm. As for lobster, you know I had it. Lobster tails and prawns one night, and seafood appetizers with lobster claws the next day. I love Princess. :)

Leo,
I can't believe there are people still without power. WOW! On our way in Georgia we saw convoy after convoy of Georgia power trucks heading north towards Sandy. We also saw fleets of tree service trucks heading north towards Sandy. We saw trucks with telephone pole trailers and crew trucks following them. Same with the tree service trucks, crew trucks and support trucks following.
Well Leo, I told Janice if there were any lobsters on that cruise, Leo was going to have some! Good for you!
Leo, are you and Jeannette planning on going to Rally IV this August? So far Janice and I are going, bar anything happening. John is making plans as we speak and Spiritdream will put the word out. Hope to see everybody there.
Hope Jim is OK and Joanne can make it.
Well, take care and ride safe. Trike is sleeping with this cold front we have had, so next time she comes out may be for the Dover Christmas Parade later this month if we don't get any salt on the roads. I'll have the three flag holder on, American, POW, and Elks Flags flying as we lead the Elks float.

Rosy
From NH

Rosy, Yes, we have a busy year of riding planned, which includes going to Rally IV this August. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

The Dover Christmas Parade sounds like fun. Wish you a not so white Christmas. :) I've been thinking of taking our trike out for a spin. We'll see. Getting soft in my old age. :))

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back