Hurricane Sandy

It can be replaced, what matters is that your both doing well & have the Cruise ahead of you. All we really experienced was high winds & heavy rain. Hope it continues that way. keep us posted....Tis

We're well into day 2 on generator power, it has been money well spent since life is normal with that little rascal powering the house.

It can be replaced, what matters is that your both doing well & have the Cruise ahead of you. All we really experienced was high winds & heavy rain. Hope it continues that way. keep us posted....Tis

Ordered new roof panel. We may sail on Friday, depends if NYC port is open. Port supposed to open on Thursday. Glad you are okay!

Took a ride to Costco today with Jeannette. Had to go to two Costcos before we found one that was open. Power is out in most places. Most traffic lights are out. Huge trees are down everywhere. Saw one tree that flattened a car. Most filling stations are closed. Second Costco was on emergency power and was not pumping gas. The less than a handful open filling stations have cars lined up down the roads, and also there are lines of folks with gas cans going around the blocks. Driving around town is like driving through a maze. Schools and most businesses are closed. It's a very sobering sight.

folks, everything you've seen on the news is true -- NJ is a disaster.

and as Leo noted, with power out & now gasoline running out, I truly fear that the streets will go feral if relief doesn't get here in the next 48 hours :(

folks, everything you've seen on the news is true -- NJ is a disaster.

and as Leo noted, with power out & now gasoline running out, I truly fear that the streets will go feral if relief doesn't get here in the next 48 hours :(
It's NJ. It's always a disaster! And just watch Jersey Shore to see that it went ferel awhile ago. :Joker3:

You folks took a hammering from Sandy, just hope they can get things cleaned up quickly so life can return to some sort of normal for all of you.

Traffic is starting to move on Manhattan, and our cruise ship is working its way here from Boston. Princess is looking to offload and load its ship at a Manhattan pier tomorrow. Time will tell.

I keep reading the post everyone has added and like said before, It doesn't matter where you live there is something we all half to worry about, here in Missouri we have earthquakes and tornados to watch out for. With that said I just want to add my prayers that everyone comes through the storms safe and everything can get back to normal quickly.

Leo:
Hope you and Jeannette enjoy the cruise, you both need it. We lost power Mon evening and got power back this morning, we purchased a generator last Fri so things weren't so bad.
We have relatives in Breezy Point, NY, besides the Atlantic Ocean over 100 house were totally destroyed by fire Mon. Fortunatly all of my relatives were OK. But all 3 of their houses were seriously damaged by the water.
So in comparison to these folks we were only inconvienced. Hope evereyone else is OK.
Tom

I was one of the lucky ones' Lost a few shingles, and was without power till last night. And gas is almost impossible to find. But it could have been worst.
Some are really hurting and will be for years.

The Lakota Five: Young Pine Ridge Marathon Runners Leave a Lasting Impression on New York City - ICTMN.com

This link is to a beautiful story that really touched my heart! From what information I can find, there are many who were in NY for the annual marathon. When it was cancelled due to the storm aftermath, a lot of them volunteered to help and contribute themselves. These five young Lakota are a shining example of those volunteers!
Glad I read this link. Great story. Wasn't even in my local paper. I do know also that all the water bottles and supplies for the cancelled race were given to those in need. Also, any runners for cancelled race automatically have a spot in next year's marathon.

I guess Leo & Jeannette made the cruise because we haven't heard a word from them. Good for them if they did!
As for Dover, NH, we had no power loss, misty rain and no trees down. I guess we were spared this time around!
We Americans have always pulled together when things get tough, and I am sure Sandy will be another test. So far we are getting things done as fast as possible with help from other parts of the country. I know we have linemen from Southern states helping with restoring power. We also have tree service people from the south helping clearing fallen trees and debri. It will take time because this storm was so massive and covered so many states.
As our Friends from across the Big Pond say, "Stiff Upper Lip, Y'All"!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

We were in Kennebunkport ,Me in Fri and drove home into the approaching storm Sandy,on Monday. Tooling along at 80MPH in the Honda Coupe ( not the Trike) as we whipped by The State Police sitting on the Media in there usual Radar speed trap spots. They just flicked their lights at us. Tried to pass some of the Semi trucks that were doing 80 because the spray made the road hard to see. A real fun time for Honey and me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back