Honda GL1800 Reverse Trikes by MotorTrike (Prowler RT)

February 22, 2023

I have posted this question once before. I wanted to know if there are any of the GL1800's that have the MotorTrike ProwlerRT installed. I haven't seen another one anywhere. There must be a few out there somewhere. I would like to catch up with the people that have them.

Mine is the 2004 Honda GL1800 with the ProwlerRT installed. I really enjoy it but have seen one anywhere on the road. The trike I had before the Honda was the 2021 CanAm Spyder Sea to Sky ( shown below the Honda ) I sold it because I had problems with it and the dealer couldn't fix it.

Motogordo2021-12-01 012.jpg

Attachments

• 2021-05-16 004.jpg
    2021-05-16 004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
February 22, 2023

I have posted this question once before. I wanted to know if there are any of the GL1800's that have the MotorTrike ProwlerRT installed. I haven't seen another one anywhere. There must be a few out there somewhere. I would like to catch up with the people that have them.

Mine is the 2004 Honda GL1800 with the ProwlerRT installed. I really enjoy it but have seen one anywhere on the road. The trike I had before the Honda was the 2021 CanAm Spyder Sea to Sky ( shown below the Honda ) I sold it because I had problems with it and the dealer couldn't fix it.

MotogordoView attachment 111806

There is one member here on Trike-Talk with a yellow Motortrike and i think he's from

Newton NJ........And at the moment his name escapes me....

I had/rode a 2014 Spyder RTL for a little over 3 years. Then went to a conventional Goldwing trike. If you're inclined, I'd like to know your thoughts about the differences between the Spyder and your Prowler RT. Thanks..... Jim

GL MT Prowler

Hi... New to Trike Talk...

I own a 2015 GL1800 MT RT Prowler. Lots of issues with RT attachment. Bought it from original owner with 25k miles on it. Should have walked when I saw it. 25k miles and three bald tires. Very difficult to get tech info from MT. Need help with alignment. Have replaced all three tires. Dark side rear Toyo 185/60-R16. Steers like a tank. Wanders on Highway at speed. Any help with alignment tips, tricks, Tire pressures? Anybody try installing electric power steering?

I really like this bike because its unique, kind of ugly but unique.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas...MMD

MotogordoView attachment 111806[/QUOTE]

Hi... New to Trike Talk...

I own a 2015 GL1800 MT RT Prowler. Lots of issues with RT attachment. Bought it from original owner with 25k miles on it. Should have walked when I saw it. 25k miles and three bald tires. Very difficult to get tech info from MT. Need help with alignment. Have replaced all three tires. Dark side rear Toyo 185/60-R16. Steers like a tank. Wanders on Highway at speed. Any help with alignment tips, tricks, Tire pressures? Anybody try installing electric power steering?

I really like this bike because its unique, kind of ugly but unique.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas...MMD

MotogordoView attachment 111806
[/QUOTE]

Mike…Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍…There’s a lest 3 trike Talk members who have that machine maybe if they see your post they will chime in with the help you need..

Hannigan no longer builds the RT models although they may do a quad. They have not figured out the steering geometry so basically bailed on the project. Motortrike does actually have a pretty bad design and I do not believe they are building these either. The wheels are way too big and wide suspension is not setup well and the overall design is such that they overheat and handle poorly.

The only Bonified reverse trike builder in the US is Endeavor Trikes and these have a 3rd radiator so they never get hot and they ride and drive just as well as the CanAm models. Geometry is very similar.