Head Lights on 2022 Tri Glide Ultra

nevinpratt

20+ Posts
Jul 11, 2022
West Valley City, Utah, USA

I generally ride with low beam PLUS the driving lights. It's about right, but...

...if I want more light, I try to use high beam, and the driving lights turn OFF. The result is LESS LIGHT!

This makes high beam totally useless.

So, I go to DK Customs website, and buy:

1. Premium White LED Drop-In Headlight Bulb H4 - Fits All Harley (Part #DK-H4-HL-LED)

2. Premium White LED Bulbs for Harley Passing - Driving Lights (Part #DK-05-PL-LED)

I have one of my employees try to install them, and he reports that they will not work. He also called DK Customs and he said that they confirmed that the 2022 Tri Glide already has LED lights, and these LED lights won't work on a 2022 Tri Glide Ultra. So we returned the lights to DK.

Has anybody else had any experience changing the lights on a 2022 Tri Glide Ultra?

Nevin

I generally ride with low beam PLUS the driving lights. It's about right, but...

...if I want more light, I try to use high beam, and the driving lights turn OFF. The result is LESS LIGHT!

This makes high beam totally useless.

So, I go to DK Customs website, and buy:

1. Premium White LED Drop-In Headlight Bulb H4 - Fits All Harley (Part #DK-H4-HL-LED)

2. Premium White LED Bulbs for Harley Passing - Driving Lights (Part #DK-05-PL-LED)

I have one of my employees try to install them, and he reports that they will not work. He also called DK Customs and he said that they confirmed that the 2022 Tri Glide already has LED lights, and these LED lights won't work on a 2022 Tri Glide Ultra. So we returned the lights to DK.

Has anybody else had any experience changing the lights on a 2022 Tri Glide Ultra?

Nevin

Just for some information, take the Trike in to the dealer and he can flash the headlight so running lights will stay on with the highbeams. I’ve done that with all three of my Triglides👍…..

Just for some information, take the Trike in to the dealer and he can flash the headlight so running lights will stay on with the highbeams. I’ve done that with all three of my Triglides👍…..

Sir - you beat me to it. I was going to tell him the same thing. To add, I might suggest you change the turn signal lights to the available LEDs - they also provide added light.

You should also look into the DK Customs driving lights that mount to the lower crash bar. Custom Dynamics also makes them if you prefer a chrome housing.

I have a 2022 Tri-Glide. My running lights stay on, when I have my high beams are on. Been like that since I got it. I also installed the Harley LED turn signals. Makes a difference.

I have a 2022 Tri-Glide. My running lights stay on, when I have my high beams are on. Been like that since I got it. I also installed the Harley LED turn signals. Makes a difference.

The dealer might routinely flash their Bikes…?.. Or the 2022 come from the factory that way…But I doubt it….All vehicles when the high beams come on the fog lights/spot lights have to automatically turn off…(DOT REGULATIONS)…

Used to be a jumper wiring harness up to 16, after that , it’s a flash. I have a Custom dynamics Probeam and Hogworkz spots. I’m not sure if they are brighter than the stock LED’s… anyone compare those

Used to be a jumper wiring harness up to 16, after that , it’s a flash. I have a Custom dynamics Probeam and Hogworkz spots. I’m not sure if they are brighter than the stock LED’s… anyone compare those

I have all Hogworkz headlight and passing lights and I can guarantee they are brighter than the stock Harley "Day Makers".

- - - Updated - - -

The dealer might routinely flash their Bikes…?.. Or the 2022 come from the factory that way…But I doubt it….All vehicles when the high beams come on the fog lights/spot lights have to automatically turn off…(DOT REGULATIONS)…

When I upgraded my 07 Ford to LED's, I did a mod on the relay by grounding on pin. Now my fog/spots stay on all the time now. Look up "Bambi Mod".

All I know is, when my high Beams are on, so are my fog/spotlight are also on. I do have an on/off button that I can shut the spots off, if I want to. I know from my other trikes, that the dealer had to flash them to get them to work when the high Beams were on.

I just picked up a 2023 yesterday, and had to have the flash done to keep the driving lights on with the high beams. Dealer charged $77.00, about 1/2 hour labor for the flash.

I just picked up a 2023 yesterday, and had to have the flash done to keep the driving lights on with the high beams. Dealer charged $77.00, about 1/2 hour labor for the flash.

Ron.......Welcome to Trike -Talk........:wave4::wave4:...I don't normally knock dealers on what they charge....But my dealer flashed 3 of Tri Glides No charge over the years.. Maybe theres more involve on the 2023's....My last one is a 2019..

Anyway, Again.......Welcome to Trike-Talk...ThumbUp..

The dealer I went to didn’t charge me to flash my CB and add the passing lamps on in high beam option. Maybe because I bought 2 antennas, a wiring harness, a fob and 2 keys. Lol

Ron.......Welcome to Trike -Talk........:wave4::wave4:...I don't normally knock dealers on what they charge....But my dealer flashed 3 of Tri Glides No charge over the years.. Maybe theres more involve on the 2023's....My last one is a 2019..

Anyway, Again.......Welcome to Trike-Talk...ThumbUp..

Yeah, the dealer here seems expensive on everything. I was quoted $482.00 for the 1000 mile maintenance. I will be doing that myself.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back