Head Light Warning Buzzer

Jul 6, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I have been going back and forth with Stall1804 over PM trying to help him install a buzzer warning to alert and buzz when the headlights are on and the ignition is off. I explained to him how you purchase the buzzer for just a few dollars at Radio Shack and he now has one in hand to install. He stated he has it installed in the fuse box to ground and to a fuze that is alerting him when the headlight is on all the time. <br />
<br />
Can someone please post the fuze number that will activate when the lights are on and the ignition is off?<br />
<br />
OOOOoooooo... this is my Devil Post!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 6-6-6 Sign of the Devil!!!!!

do you have a volt meter or the little trouble light that has a ground wire on one end and the sharp point on the other end?
with either one you can check the fuses to see if hot with the key on or off.
what you are looking for is a fuse that is +12 with the light on, FUSE 1.
now you want a fuse that is +12 with the key on and ground with the key off.
now the buzzer MUST have a built in diode, in other words only buzz when the (+) side is on 12v and the (-) side is on ground, if you reverse the connections it should not work, if this is true you have what you need.
now using the volt meter or light find a fuse that is +12 with the key on and ground with the key off, FUSE 4 should work.
hook the buzzer with the (+) lead on FUSE 1 and the (-) side on FUSE 4.
now when the key is off the buzzer should buzz when you turn the light on, and the buzzer should go off when the key is turned on.
if the key is on and the headlight is turned off the (+) buzzer lead is now on ground and the (-) buzzer lead is on +12 and the buzzer should not make any noise.

I did this to mine and it worked fine, I don't remember just what fuses I used because I have rewired mine so the lights WILL ONLY WORK when the key is on so I don't care if the lights are on or not when I turn the key off, and I NEVER have the light on when the key is off, NEVER.

Silverdevil, Can you tell me what you did to make your lights work with only the key on? I'm sure you moved a wire from one fuse to another but which wire and to which fuse.<br />
<br />
Thanks Ed

Ed<br />
little more trouble than that, just moving a wire to a fuse.<br />
grab any of the A/C knobs and pull, you will be able to pull the panel out and get into the back of panel of the A/C switches, headlight switch etc.<br />
there are 2 white wires with a stripe, don't remember the color of the stripe at the moment but can find out. those 2 wires are both hot all the time. I cut those 2 wires and wired a 30amp relay in there. then to trigger the relay I went to the fuse panel and found a fuse that is 12v when the key is on and not 12v when the key is off.<br />
so when you turn the key on the lights work, if the key is off the lights will not work. <br />
the relay fits behind the light A/C panel.<br />
the panel after the relay was put in did start to pop out sometimes so I ended up putting a screw in to hold the panel in and of course have to remove the screw if I want to pull out the panel.<br />
the relay is sometimes called a horn relay and it the type that comes with most light kits, not hard to find, in fact when I get relays I buy 10 or so at a time cause I found a place where I can get them for $4 each.<br />
need more info?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back