Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

We are in the DFW Area.

LinDIVA,

We are looking for like riders. She rides a red HD Trike 2012, and I ride a black FW 2015 trike (Apr 2015). Have the chrome wind deflectors like yours...and it works great. Did a few other modifications too.

Joezone2000

Any other trikers here in DFW area? Come on, lets' go trikein' peeps! :p

Me! Just got mine in March. About to get used to three wheels. I am in Farmers Branch![/QUOTE]

LinDIVA,

We are looking for like riders. She rides a red HD Trike 2012, and I ride a black FW 2015 trike (Apr 2015). Have the chrome wind deflectors like yours...and it works great. Did a few other modifications too.

Me! Just got mine in March. About to get used to three wheels. I am in Farmers Branch!

Sherry and I are in Wichita Falls. Sounds like we need to get together.
Hope to see you two in October,at our Hill Country Gathering in Kerrville.

Red 2016 Free Wheeler on June 10th.
Unfortunately less that 10 miles in I made two mistakes (knew better but didn't heed) so I am out of action for 6 weeks with a busted ankle.

Itching to get back on!

Photos and Mods...more to come.

Here are some photos of the new Freewheeler with some mods. Just a start on the mods will finish as soon as my H-D order comes in.

Adjustment period to the new trike has been very fast and I really like the heel-toe shifter with the new toe extension on it. Also an abundance of power to leave the cages sitting at the traffic lights.

Will take more photos when more parts come in for everyone. Thanks for all your help and reliable information on this forum, too.

Kevin
IMG_0713.jpgIMG_0714.jpgIMG_0715.jpgIMG_0716.jpgIMG_0717.jpgIMG_0718.jpgIMG_0719.jpg

HI, after logging my first 1,000 on my new Freewheeler, my main observation (complaint) is the lack of power. I'm not looking for a crotch rocket or drag bike, but I think mine is de-tuned to the point I can't keep up with most passenger cars. I know it's not about power, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to invest in new exhaust and cams to get more oomph.

anyone else have this observation?

I opted for the 110ci upgrade and haven't been sorry. Lots of mid range and roll on power. Pulls strong in the mountains too. Might be something to consider - Russ

HI, after logging my first 1,000 on my new Freewheeler, my main observation (complaint) is the lack of power. I'm not looking for a crotch rocket or drag bike, but I think mine is de-tuned to the point I can't keep up with most passenger cars. I know it's not about power, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to invest in new exhaust and cams to get more oomph.

anyone else have this observation?

My only other issue is the ride... here in Illinois are roads are terrible... I upped the system pressure, but it still jars my teeth...

Other than these little PITA issues, I love my new toy!

Thanks

KB

20-22 psi in the rear tires will really help the ride quality. Shock psi should be enough to prevent bottoming out on hard bumps.

"can't keep up with most passenger cars" .... Really??? You need at least 5 k on that motor to be out of break-in. I came off a 1983 4 speed shovel head wide glide and my TriGlide is way faster. I can chirp tires going into 2nd!!!

Get rid of the catalytic converter (wildpigpipes.com or the head pipes of your choice) and richen it up (tuner or O2 enrichers) and you will find it is much better. Keep rpms above 2500!

I can say that de-catting the stock head pipe and richening up (FL-Vied-10s at 62.5%) was the best thing I have done and I was sorry that I waited over a year to do it.

Bob :D

checking in

Picked up a new 2016 Freewheeler the first of April. We rode from South Texas to Maine. Leaving Maine monday headed to Sturgis and then back home. So far it's been a great trip with no major problems(trunk latch came loose and was hanging in trunk). Total miles for the trip will be around 7500, a good break in for the trike. See you on the road. ENJOY!!!

Picked up a new 2016 Freewheeler the first of April. We rode from South Texas to Maine. Leaving Maine monday headed to Sturgis and then back home. So far it's been a great trip with no major problems(trunk latch came loose and was hanging in trunk). Total miles for the trip will be around 7500, a good break in for the trike. See you on the road. ENJOY!!!

Welcome to TT!

I too will be in Sturgis on my FLRT. Easy to spot. Black FLRT, Black t-shirt and jeans!:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back