Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

What have I been up to on my 2015 Freewheeler...

well it's been a year since purchasing and over the winter, I had ABC Harley Dealership, in Waterford, Michigan...during storage there I had some fun adding 4" Rhinehardt pipes, (awesome sound), front passing lights, yes, found a solution to use a Road King light bar (without any modifications ,adding 4 1/2" chrome buckets w/LED lights... I had already added the detachable windshield...later adding touring luggage rack and adding third light insert. I added on heated grips,

I added on the sundowner seat, probably a mistake as I have yet to figure out how to improve the rear suspension over rough road conditions, yes even after adding on, onboard air ride pump to find the sweet spot when riding. The onboard air pump lacks a gauge to monitor or even know where the shock position is. I have tried an Airhawk cushion, no luck, Michigan roads are not kind to motorcycles in general, but a 3 point trike absorbs a lot more shock in my opinion.*

I added a lot more Chrome accessories too... Finally, an HD. Sound system that you plug into your IPhone, however since then added a Bluetooth receiver, so a wired connection is not necessary.*

To give a one of a kind look, this last month, Dr. Ru, a world renowned pin stripper, was given "Carte Blanc" to do his magic. I couldn't be anymore pleased. Take a look at the photos... Pure genius...image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

well it's been a year since purchasing and over the winter, I had ABC Harley Dealership, in Waterford, Michigan...during storage there I had some fun adding 4" Rhinehardt pipes, (awesome sound), front passing lights, yes, found a solution to use a Road King light bar (without any modifications ,adding 4 1/2" chrome buckets w/LED lights... I had already added the detachable windshield...later adding touring luggage rack and adding third light insert. I added on heated grips,

I added on the sundowner seat, probably a mistake as I have yet to figure out how to improve the rear suspension over rough road conditions, yes even after adding on, onboard air ride pump to find the sweet spot when riding. The onboard air pump lacks a gauge to monitor or even know where the shock position is. I have tried an Airhawk cushion, no luck, Michigan roads are not kind to motorcycles in general, but a 3 point trike absorbs a lot more shock in my opinion.*

I added a lot more Chrome accessories too... Finally, an HD. Sound system that you plug into your IPhone, however since then added a Bluetooth receiver, so a wired connection is not necessary.*

To give a one of a kind look, this last month, Dr. Ru, a world renowned pin stripper, was given "Carte Blanc" to do his magic. I couldn't be anymore pleased. Take a look at the photos... Pure genius...image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 177
Chi-Town Freewheeler

Hi

2016 FW

Pingel shifter that FINALLY works perfect. No thanks to local H-D Dealer.

Hoping for better weather to ride in comfort.

64 y/o and living the dream! (but still working ugh!)

KB

After looking for a year

Finally bought it.
2015 3 kms.
Superior Blue

sold my Super Glide Custom.

This thing is way fun.
I definitely need a windshield for the highway as there is way turbulence than on the Dyna.leaning towards the Road king vented?

Bob
Calgaryimage.jpg

Finally bought it.
2015 3 kms.
Superior Blue

sold my Super Glide Custom.

Thiis thing is way fun.
I definitely need a windshield for the highway as there is way turbulence than on the Dyna.leaning towards the Road king vented?

Bob
CalgaryView attachment 36590

Congrats!! They are fun. I just got the Black Quartz 2016. I had the windshield you are talking about and it was kind of flimsy. I ended up buying a Freedom Shields replacement. The 18" or 20" are more fitting. The people over there are very good to work with. Good luck!

Freewheeler power

HI, after logging my first 1,000 on my new Freewheeler, my main observation (complaint) is the lack of power. I'm not looking for a crotch rocket or drag bike, but I think mine is de-tuned to the point I can't keep up with most passenger cars. I know it's not about power, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to invest in new exhaust and cams to get more oomph.

anyone else have this observation?

My only other issue is the ride... here in Illinois are roads are terrible... I upped the system pressure, but it still jars my teeth...

Other than these little PITA issues, I love my new toy!

Thanks

KB

Took delivery today of a 2016, Black Quartz. I'm happy and excited...took it out for a spin this afternoon in the business park behind where I live, and a parking lot for practice. I live in a very congested area, so have to work on confidence to get out there, into the traffic and the world beyond.
So far: windshield, windshield pouch, bumper, rack, sissy bar and pad, Vance & Hines slip-ons, heat deflectors; I think that's it for now. I may upgrade the seat eventually. I'm sure there'll be more.
I only have one cell pic after delivery but will take more over the weekend and post soon.
I have scoured these threads over the past days, and am very grateful to have access to so much info. :)

Love the color choice Steph ( I got the same one :) ) Your confidence will be gained quickly. I lost my confidence for 2 wheels after over 30 years of riding and I turned to the Freewheeler a week ago. Best decision I made. Enjoy the hell out of it....

pure fun!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back