Happy Thanksgiving

I'd like to add my well wishes for every one here ... Thanksgiving was always the day my dad loved. Being a legal immigrant who did okay in this country and became a citizen and veteran, it was always his favorite time of the year. He would go get groceries, all the fixins for a couple families to have a great turkey day. Thanksgiving was always the day he felt the "need to give back" for what he had received.

Not blowing my own horn, but, maybe planting a seed or challenge for others to follow (I couldn't do all this without my bike riding and bowling friends, there maybe some brow beating on my part :D). I have taken his idea to a new level. I coordinate with the Church who finds families who need help. Then I go out and get contributions from my friends and get the goods. This year, my buddies came up with almost $500 and some agreed to have their wives help with the shopping and their help delivering, so I rounded it up to $600.

We thought we would be able to help ~6 families, but, when my buddies wives and I started to buy the groceries, the manager of the Safeway asked why we where buying 6, 20# Turkeys. We explained and he said he would be happy to contribute 10 turkeys and the white and sweet potatoes to go with them. With his help, we were able to give 9 families of 4 and 1 family of 6 a good meal, decorations, and bakery made unbaked rolls. Couldn't;t get the bakery to donate them, very labor intensive, but they gave them to us at cost. 10 turkeys, 10 cornucopias, and 10 dozen dinner rolls for $30, pretty good deal. They even printed up baking instructions.

Carb Turkey & Cornicopia.jpg

Not much, but, it sets the bar for Christmas. We do a similar idea to a wishing tree thing through the church where parents can present the church with what they and their children want/need. It's gotten harder since Toys-r-Us and K-mart left town. We'll see how it goes.

Gives me a fall and winter project that helps to warm my heart.

Dang ... almost forgot, Gotta get a couple presents for the toy run ... it's on the 7th. Probably won't go on the run, (They end up at a bar and get drunk, not my scene), but, I always put toys in the barrel. :D

You've seen my monkey?

Monkey 19.99.jpeg

The T shirt he wears came from a Harley Davidson stuffed bear I bought, took the t off, and donated as an extra gift ... LOL ... used to have a white one too, but, I can't find it :Shrug:

Good Morning Clubber's

A great day with a great deal to be thankful for Family and friends doing well. As always thankful for continued good health we have been blessed for so many years we all must remember not to take life for granted Happy Thanksgiving to all. Ride safe Fred/Jeanne

We're in a food coma at our house right now, we hope everyone had a great day.

thanksgiving-3718862__340.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back