Handlebar change out

I am getting ready to order these bars. Did they change anything with the angle of the mirrors or affect the use of the mirrors, such as shoulder or arm blocking view? I am currently running OEM bars with OEM mirrors using the extensions.

No, I never changed them out. After damaging the JAE connector and that problem I left the OEM bars on. Thought I would change them out later but still have never got around to it.

Sunman

Handlebar change

592F6463-FC8A-4D95-B5A8-DD7AB29846EC.jpegI

I had one devil of a time pulling the internal wires on a 2017 Freewheeler. The tiny molex connectors were so small I couldn’t see the barb holding the wire. I used paper clips, needles, jewelers screwdriver. Hours of frustration. Finally took the bar to Harley dealer. Old time mechanic got it loose. I got it done, had code for no connection to right hand control module. Finally found one wire wasn’t inserted enough to lock in. Fixed that. No more codes. It was quite a stressful upgrade. Krome Werks 2+2. Love ‘em.

Alright , I’ll try ;

First thing I did was took a picture as is , so the colors went back into the same slot.

Move a wire in and out on the connector and you should see a small tit lock on the wire end in the connector.

I used a small paper clip , making the end flat with a hammer turning it into a flat head screwdriver .

Stick it in the connector between the tit and connector then pull out the wire with the end attached.

Assemble by pushing the wire connector in ,you will hear a locking snap.

Take note as to what side the tit end goes back into the connector.

That step takes the longest in the bar change . Good luck .🍀👍 You can doooo it :clapping:

This is an example of straight to the point, excellent, clear, short and very descriptive response. Thank you, I could picture the procedure as I read.

Krome Werks Narrow Sweepers

View attachment 94908I

I had one devil of a time pulling the internal wires on a 2017 Freewheeler. The tiny molex connectors were so small I couldn’t see the barb holding the wire. I used paper clips, needles, jewelers screwdriver. Hours of frustration. Finally took the bar to Harley dealer. Old time mechanic got it loose. I got it done, had code for no connection to right hand control module. Finally found one wire wasn’t inserted enough to lock in. Fixed that. No more codes. It was quite a stressful upgrade. Krome Werks 2+2. Love ‘em.

Well this is 2021 - I have a 2015 Freewheeler, and want to get those bars to help me out because I am Short Armed. Do you think they will work? I don't want to pay for cable changes.

Donna

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back