FREEWHEELER(FLRT) handlebar alterations and replacements

Nov 21, 2021
Prescott
I would like to hear from anyone who has replaced the OEM handlebars on a late model FLRT. Please indicate what you were looking to accomplish or correct , reflecting on your height, arm length or body type. Also include any ancillary changes made such as seat changes and backrests added that you think contributed positively to a larger solution.

Try to be specific about model #'s and give some estimate about rough cost in dollars and whether you think you accomplished your objective.

Thanks for your input and opinions.

I would like to hear from anyone who has replaced the OEM handlebars on a late model FLRT. Please indicate what you were looking to accomplish or correct , reflecting on your height, arm length or body type. Also include any ancillary changes made such as seat changes and backrests added that you think contributed positively to a larger solution.

Try to be specific about model #'s and give some estimate about rough cost in dollars and whether you think you accomplished your objective.

Thanks for your input and opinions.

With out being too Specific what are you trying to accomplish🤔?

Love these PegBoards

I am running these PegBoards and Pingel 1 1/4 floorboard extensions. I have had these on two bikes

A+ on comfort.

Attachments

• 20210508_114841 (1).jpg
    20210508_114841 (1).jpg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210508_114903 (1).jpg
    20210508_114903 (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 50
Been using the HD pullback on last 6 bikes since 2003. Believe they changed the name ,not sure. Had them put on my 2020Tri

Ciro frame mounted foot peg mounts on our Freewheelers for leg comfort.

20200730-195407-Film1.jpg

Asked my dealer about an estimate to replace my factory 12" ape hanger bars with a set of 10" ape hanger bars which I would provide. He estimated about $950 IF they didn't have to extend (?) the wires. They wouldn't have to extend anything, I'm going 2" shorter. There's no fairing in the way to deal with, either. It's a factory FLRT setup. I thanked him and declined his offer.

Asked my dealer about an estimate to replace my factory 12" ape hanger bars with a set of 10" ape hanger bars which I would provide. He estimated about $950 IF they didn't have to extend (?) the wires. They wouldn't have to extend anything, I'm going 2" shorter. There's no fairing in the way to deal with, either. It's a factory FLRT setup. I thanked him and declined his offer.

Sure makes you wonder about some of these (factory) trained guys:p