Going to the Boat - First Time

David357

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 31, 2015
Hobe Sound, FL.
USN and USMC pilots making their first carrier landing.

Going to the Boat - First Time

Here is a good birds eye view of what pilots see when they are landing on the deck of a carrier. Marine pilots are required to do carrier quals, as all Navy pilots are required to do. They begin with a touch and go then proceed to catch an arresting gear wire on the ship’s deck. Take note of the pilot’s description of the moving angle deck they have to land on. Bottom line:

”It doesn’t matter how well you fly in the air. What matters is how well you land on the boat.”

http://player.vimeo.com/video/31549908?autoplay=1

The rush has to be the ultimate I can imagine experiencing. You've got to be a dedicated seeker of thrill and excitement to be one of those pilots. Salute!

As a member of the catapult and arresting gear crew, we knew them as 'controlled crashes'. I still have 2 thumbs, 8 fingers and 10 toes ~ my feet still want to move before my head has a chance to see what the noise was about! Mandatory reaction development!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back