Give and take away?

And the sad part about Social Security is that entitled people and people who never worked in their life think that the people who are collecting Social Security got it for free not realizing Or even caring that the people collecting security security payed for that every week Out of their paychecks… Me’ I paid almost double into the Social Security being I was self-employed but I don’t get double the payment I get just the same as everybody else… that’s just the way it is and I’ve learned to come to terms with that sort of.😁..

And the sad part about Social Security is that entitled people and people who never worked in their life think that the people who are collecting Social Security got it for free not realizing Or even caring that the people collecting security security payed for that every week Out of their paychecks… Me’ I paid almost double into the Social Security being I was self-employed but I don’t get double the payment I get just the same as everybody else… that’s just the way it is and I’ve learned to come to terms with that sort of.😁..

Many years ago, back when we used to get annual SS statements showing what we paid in since we started paying, I did some calculations. And, remember, as employees we paid only 1/2 of what went into our SS fund (hole). Employers matched our contribution. Anyway, I amortized the contributions and applied average earnings over the life of my participation. Then I applied the annuitized rate in effect at that time to determine the amount I could have received if the amount in my SS "savings account" had been done by me as a personal and private investor. Guess what? My calculations suggested that I could have increased my pay out by a little over 2 and 1/2 times. And that was just using the average savings account rates in effect over the life of my contributions. Imagine what the return would have been if the money would have been invested in the stock market or even a conservative mutual fund.

Just a little something I did when I had way too much time on my hands and wanted to piss myself off..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back