Fuel Octane

Sully

Trike Talk Executive Chef
Gold Member
Mar 23, 2014
Kennesaw, Ga.
What Octane Of Fuel Are You Using On Your Trike? I use Reg. And Switch Out Every Other Tank With Hi-Test. I Don't See Or feel Any Difference Except For Cost. And Cost Is Going To Be High Going Forward....

I try to run alcohol free gas usually around 90- 93 octane

It gives me confidence and I know it is better for the injectors and burns better

If I cannot find Alcohol free I will run premium

What Octane Of Fuel Are You Using On Your Trike? I use Reg. And Switch Out Every Other Tank With Hi-Test. I Don't See Or feel Any Difference Except For Cost. And Cost Is Going To Be High Going Forward....

I use 93 octane exclusively don’t know if it makes the trike run any better or not but it does make me feel better using 93..! So in turn if it makes me feel better then it makes the trike feel better…..😁👍

​Our 2012 Triglide runs fine on regular, but I usually fill it with premium for the additional detergents that keep the injectors clean. You get no added performance from premium if your engine was not designed for it.

PC

​Our 2012 Triglide runs fine on regular, but I usually fill it with premium for the additional detergents that keep the injectors clean. You get no added performance from premium if your engine was not designed for it.

PC

Harley recommends 91 octane… But 91 doesn’t exist out here so I use 93 exclusively..

My Son use's Only Non-Ethanol gas in all his chain saws and swears by it...Its not easy to find out here, He has to get it in Honesdale Pa...Not far from our camp...

The corn gas burns too fast to produce the same BTU that the non corn gas even @ a lower octane rating

The corn gas burns too fast to produce the same BTU that the non corn gas

It's the addition of the alcohol that lowers the BTU content of the gaso. The gasoline BTU content of gaso. never changes no matter whether you're burning regular, the middle grade, or premium.

PC

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back