Fuel Gauge vs Odometer Fuel Remaining View

prariepilot

150+ Posts
Apr 7, 2016
North Ridgeville OH, USA
Trying to get a jump on prepping the TG for this riding season...

First, it's a 2013 TG with 51K miles showing. Always on a Battery Tender when not being ridden and Stabil in the tank for the winter.

Battery is a DEKA, six years old, so that was the first to get replaced. Seat was the original and the seams were separating, so a new Sundowner seat was installed. Here's where I may have missed something!

Before removing the seat and taking the battery out, the Fuel Gage shows FULL. Ran a diagnostic and had no codes. Flipping through the odometer from total miles, trip A miles, trip B miles and Reserve miles, the Reserve miles showed 204 miles remaining.

After putting the new battery in, the seat on, I went through the same checks: Fuel Gage FULL. Diagnostic, no codes. Flipping through the odometer all was well until I got to Reserve miles. Now the Reserve miles shows LO.

So, anyone have an idea what I may have forgotten to reconnect?

Are you sure the connection under the seat is a good one. That feeds the gauges

I did that once, felt like a fool

Recheck all your fuses

Thanks, Jack! First item on my "to do tomorrow" list.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ridden since then? I'm thinking you may have to actually ride for a while before it resets after the power interruption.

Thanks, Jerry! Also first on my "to do tomorrow" list. Jack K. also recommended rechecking my connections under the seat. Didn't want to take the seat off, so Thursday's weather here is supposed to reach 60*F. Will take it out and test your theory before I take the seat off again.

Jerry I'm thinking that the program lost the MPG average number when you disconnected the connection. You will have to ride it just a bit to re-establish a number so it can calculate the reserve miles to empty. Just a guess on my part if all the rest checks out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back