fuel gauge not reading correctly

Jun 26, 2020
Lancaster, Pa USA
The fuel gauge reads almost empty but when I fuel up I get 5 gallons in the tank and I have a 10 gallon tank. How difficult is to remove the fuel gauge sensor from the tank, or could it be something else?

rbvicar

I sold my Stallion last year. But if I remember correctly when the fuel light came on I would still have approximately 3 gallon of gas. Don’t think the gauge is totally accurate. The first 100 miles the gauge would go from topped off full to 3/4 mark. The next 100 miles the gauge would do a nose dive from 3/4 mark to bout 1/4 mark. I loved my Stallion but life took a different direction so we parted company. Sure miss it. Enjoy the trip. :wave4:

I sold my Stallion last year. But if I remember correctly when the fuel light came on I would still have approximately 3 gallon of gas. Don’t think the gauge is totally accurate. The first 100 miles the gauge would go from topped off full to 3/4 mark. The next 100 miles the gauge would do a nose dive from 3/4 mark to bout 1/4 mark. I loved my Stallion but life took a different direction so we parted company. Sure miss it. Enjoy the trip. :wave4:

When my light comes on I have about 3.5-4 gallons left. I get between 60-80 miles before it goes down a 1/4 tank. All I know is that around 250 miles I need to get serious about looking for gas. Rick

welcome

if you look at the shape of the tank it is odd shaped that is why the gauge reads the way it does. there is nothing wrong just plan accordingly. know your mpg and depend on your odometer to tell you to get gas. my wife has 120k miles on hers

uses this method and has not run out. ride safe

My indicator is pegged on "E" before I get a light, but I still have about three gallonians left in the tank at that point!! It has always been that way, not gonna change anything!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back