Freewheeler "Chopper" Project

So you plan on being there Sat. morning, the 17th?

She is finished............. at least until I take her to the seat maker on Monday!:clapping:

Point is... It runs, it's dyno'd and dialed in, its loud, the headlights are bright as hell (I installed a Headwinds Tomahawk with an LED lamp and white LED driving lights with turn signals) and it is back to being a trike to ride!!!

It will make its debut at the Doc's Bike Show Saturday. I will post the pics then.

She is finished............. at least until I take her to the seat maker on Monday!:clapping:

Point is... It runs, it's dyno'd and dialed in, its loud, the headlights are bright as hell (I installed a Headwinds Tomahawk with an LED lamp and white LED driving lights with turn signals) and it is back to being a trike to ride!!!

It will make its debut at the Doc's Bike Show Saturday. I will post the pics then.

It should quit raining by 10-11 & I'm coming up to Doc's. Did you go to Ted's HD to dyno it?

Pictures Please;)

Neck.jpg

New Paint Lights.jpg

REar Floorboards Closeup.jpg

And it sounds Freaking COOL! I have a movie.... but can't figure out how to load it....

Here is the final summary of what I did...

Front End

· Forks/Trees – HD

· 21” x 3.5” 80 Spoke (Twisted Spoke) Wheel – Paughco

· Metzler ME 888 120/70-21 Marathon Tire

· 21” Wrapper front Fender (Modified profile) with custom machined mounts/spacers – Klock Werks

· 19” Ape Hanger Handlebars – Santee

· Chromed Lower Legs, Calipers, Axel Nut Covers and Rotors - HD

· Round Mirrors – Biltwell

· Chromed Controls and Nostalgic Grips – HD

· Wheel Spacers – Willy Shiny

· Tomahawk 7" Headlight with LED kit - Headwinds

Clear Coated Braided Steel Brake and Clutch Lines

Rear Tires/Wheels

· Sportsman Radials 29x18 R-15 LT – Mickey Thompson

· 08/61 S/S 15x14 Wheels – Cragar

· Custom Wheel Adapter - 4 x 4.25 to 5 x 4.5 x 2” – Owner

· Fenders & differential/swingarm mounts – Jerry Hass Racecars

· DK's heavy Duty Axle Bearing Retainer Plates

· Custom Turned LED Tail/Brake/Turn Lights – Owner

Frame & Body

· 35” “Tipi” Sissy Bar – Ginz Choppers

· 19” Driver Banana Boards - CycleSmiths

· Banana Board Brake Pedal (Driver and Parking Brake) – CycleSmiths

· Parking Brake Pedal Extender - Mid Step

· Passenger Boards - Picard USA

· Chrome Frame Covers - Kuryakyn

· Extended Brake Pedal – Kuryakyn

· Solid Extended Shifter – Baker Customs

· License plate holder - Drag Specialties

· Illuminated license plate frame – Chrome Glow

EngineTranny

· Displacement – Stock 107”

· Woods 22X Cam

· Screaming Eagle Throttle Body

· Screaming Eagle HD Pushrods

· S&S Oil Pump

· Air Cleaner with Twin Can External Breather System - DK Customs

· Thompson Spark Plug Wires

· Screaming Eagle 10 Plate HD Clutch

· AIM Clutch Slave Cylinder

· Engine and Tranny Covers - Kuryakyn

Exhaust

· Vance and Hines Power Duals Header

· SVT Gen II Bonecrusher Slip-On Mufflers

BUT WAIT!!! THERE'S MORE!!!!

I take it to the saddlemaker Monday for fitment of a King and Queen seat

Then I get to ride it more and work on the foot clutch and hand shift!

Then.... for release in 2021.... "The Long Bike Trike" Science project begins anew :Dorag:

Thanks Jack

Yes it took first place in the Trike Category. Bet of show was a really nice two wheeler chopper.

I am very happy with all of it. (Duh) WELL worth the wait and the journey!

The forum was a major help. I am really glad to have this resource.

Good to have you and your talent/ vision here

I would be scared to ride that beauty for fear some Bozo would gawk and crash into it:p

Enjoy your ride and your SMILES:clapping:

That combo will make your trike a real sleeper, hang onto them handle bars:p If I get a wild hair I may change my cam and dump the chain drive for gear drive like this https://www.sscycle.com/products/465g-gear-drive-camshaft-kit-for-2017-19-m8-models/

Yep... It is a WHOLE lot more responsive now. From a dead stop it is going to take ma a little getting used to . On the highway it is very nice to know I can jump from 60-70 without it feeling heavy. This cam is a torque MONSTER. That is why I went for it. I am not a hot rodder, I just added a lot of weight to the bike and wanted to have the torque to deal with it.

The folks at Woods said the chain drive was net really something that needed to be changed unless you were building a hot rod. So I passed on it. I know the gear is more direct and reliable, but they said it was not really a significant adder to responsiveness given the mods I was doing.

Congrats Jeff, beautiful, one of a kind, machine. I followed this thread from the beginning, you must be delighted with what you’ve achieved! You’re still going with the springer front end?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back