First pic of freewheeler mods in progress

freewheeler mods

My new '16 Freewheeler just shipped from the factory and i will have it soon. I also purchased a detachable Batwing Fairing, detachable back rest and luggage rack. I am having the luggage rack and sissy bar powder coated black. I plan on putting a leather bra on the fairing. Great minds think alike - Russ

I also plan on having chrome add ons powder coated black . when first service happens plan on using *power duals that I will apply heat wrap and paint wrap black , will not reapply chrome heat shields after install .

Nice link . will try to get that look on mine over time . as far as I'm concerned there are only 2 colors , black and chrome . more partial to black .

I was in and out of the shop while they were getting the powder coating done. I was getting my apes put on at the time. It is a great look in person. I have a blue free, but I am thinking of powder coating my rims black now.

The brand of fairing is from hoppe industries . it is called a vanillazilla. I chose this one because it is made up of hand laid fiberglass with a black gel coat finish , did not want any guages , the backside is a smooth black gel coat also . it uses the factory quick- tatch mounts on forks so it can be removed easily . was pleasntly supprised by how solid it feels when mounted . the machine is still at dealer getting last few addons installed . looking forward to picking it up at end of month . then I will be able to take a picture of the backside of fairing . there is about a 1" gap around headlight . I plan on using a self adhesive rubber weatherstrip on underside of fairing to fill gap . I tried to order it without a windshield but dealer said it wasn't an option . not knowing how tall I needed it I ordered the tallest one , it can always be cut to shorter length depending on final riding position . changed out factory p.o.s. seat for a mustang before I even sat on it . plan on getting a klock werks flare on it anyway .

Thanks to all for the positive feedback . now if Kevin at DK can help me get the taillights switched out to something similar to the tri bar led that fits on the old wide glide fender would be great . I'm sure there is a tractor somewhere that is missing its taillights , because Harley used them on the freewheeler . I just don't think they match the flowing lines of the freewheeler rear fender.measured the fenders and they are about an inch more narrow than the wide glide fender .*

Fairing

I would not be in a hurry to close the gap around the headlight. Sometimes a little air flow inside the fairing helps defeat buffiting. I guess with stick on foam it would be no big deal to try it both ways, even change back and forth for hot and cool riding conditions. Nice ride you have there!!

You should not have any trouble with the space between the fairing and headlight. I am running a road king windshield on my freewheeler and no wind gets between the headlight and the shield even with the gap. Love the look of the fairing . If I win the lottery I'm going to mad max out the free (all black) and maybe get that detachable fairing. Looks great.

Thanks for the hints about running with a fairing as this will be the first machine I've owned that will have one . hope it works better than the stock windshield . on testride I took at sturgis seemed like it didn't do nearly as good of a job as the roadking with windshield I traded in for the freewheeler .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back