Fender bras

I had bras on my 2010 trike for about 8 or 9 years, when I removed them fenders were free of chips/dings but no amount of polishing/buffing could remove the outline/fading left after that amount of time-ended uo putting them back on when I traded it in.

WHY cover-up a good thing (wether its human or a beautiful paint job)!Havent bought any for the new machine, but will down the road if rocks, etc. start to be an issue. Just my input/personal opinion.

:laugh:

Plus there so UGLY big old piece of vinal with a CSC logo on it, when I get rid of mine I stick them on to hide the chips.:xzqxz:

Fender film

From what I have heard most people put a clear film on fender before installing the fender bra. Personally I wouldn't want the bra, I have film on mine and still looking good and no rock chips, knock on wood, if I get a rock chip, just touch it up with paint, each to their own, bra or not bra LOL

All for now Trampas

Hi Trampas, I'm new to trikes. Was wondering who installed the film on your fenders. I think Harley will do it, but I don't know anything about the product.

When I bought my (used) trike it came with a fair amount of road rash on the fenders and floorboards. I removed the floorboards. They only keep in heat and prevent good air flow around my legs. I then added bras to the fenders to cover damage from prior use. IMHO, bras look better than paint craters..... Jim

Hi Trampas, I'm new to trikes. Was wondering who installed the film on your fenders. I think Harley will do it, but I don't know anything about the product.

The harley dealer did mine, it's ok but there are better places around that do a better job, more expensive I think but worth in the long run. It is the film that harley sells and not sure how good it is, some claim the film will heal itself with a rock chip, not sure about that but mine are looking good, I do have one fender that the installer didn't do the best kind hard to describe but so far I'm leaving it. I also had them put them rubber guards on the bottom of the fender and along the side, they are the rubber guards that harley sells not sure if they still do but I would imagine they do.

All for now Trampas

P.S. Check around to find a good dealer or film installer and get their price, my dealer did it, but if I drove 20 miles to the other dealer I would have got a better film and install, so it is worth checking around.

I got mine from Cruz Armor. I installed the fender film myself. Wasn't the easiest thing to do, but I got it done in about an hour. There was no way I was going to put fender bras on. Last winter I got the film for the area behind the passenger floorboards. Never got around to putting those on.

My first TG (2016) was black and I put the Harley bras on after the first couple thousand miles. After about 6 more months I noticed when I slipped them off to wash the trike there was an outline on the paint.

When I traded for my 2019 I gave the bras away. Now approaching 50,000 miles I certainly have a couple minor rock chips but I figure in another couple of years I will repaint anyway.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back